Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Topps Gold Label Silver/Platinum/Blue Variation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I hosted Thanksgiving, which means my parents took advantage of their drive up here to dump some belongings...just your typical load of a few monster boxes of '90's glory. I thought I already had it all but apparently not. I was a well informed collector back in the day so I never find anything too stunning but I did come across this:

GoldLabelFloydF.jpg

It's a class 3 Cliff Floyd, #21 but not the Gold Label stamp. Here's a Class 3 from COMC for comparision:

Courtesy of COMC.com

It's clearly not black or red or your regular gold. It comes off a little darker in the scan. It has a fully reflective "shimmer" finish on the stamp so it wouldn't appear to be a printing error. The back of the card has no serial numbering:

GoldLabelFloydB.jpg

Any help? I apologize if I missed the obvious, wouldn't be the first time! Thanks!

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Are you sure the card is not serial numbered? I know the did not use foil for the serial numbers so it is hard to see. It would be on the back to the top right of his picture if it was. If it is you will see the number when angled in the light.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Are you sure the card is not serial numbered? I know the did not use foil for the serial numbers so it is hard to see. It would be on the back to the top right of his picture if it was. If it is you will see the number when angled in the light.

Yea, I double checked for the impression of a serial number but there's nothing. This would have definitely been pack pulled as well, by myself.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I've seen blacks and although I could be wrong I don't recall them looking like this. The scan darkens the foil stamp, here's a photo. It's definitely silver, sslightly bluish.

image-4.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Still think black. I've seen several blacks that are nowhere near black. There were no silver or platinum blue announced, and I've never heard of them. The three below are Row 1, 2 and 3 black, and look pretty similar to yours in hue.

99TOPPSGOLDLABEL1BLACK.jpg
99TOPPSGOLDLABEL2BLACK.jpg
99TOPPSGOLDLABEL3BLACK.jpg

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a black from my collection. The foil does indeed have a slight blue tint to it when you're looking at it.

Members online