Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't you hate it when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
You buy a card for a team set and there's no serial # listed in the auction? I bought a Nolan Arenado 2013 Topps Update Black /62 for my Rockies team set and got it in the mail a couple of days ago. Serial # on the card is 28/62 = his jersey # ;)
So now I have to go purchase another one for my team set! :cool:

Let's hear some of your don't you hate it whens...

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
You buy a card for a team set and there's no serial # listed in the auction? I bought a Nolan Arenado 2013 Topps Update Black /62 for my Rockies team set and got it in the mail a couple of days ago. Serial # on the card is 28/62 = his jersey # ;)
So now I have to go purchase another one for my team set! :cool:

Let's hear some of your don't you hate it whens...

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. When it does, I normally send it back with a polite note asking if the seller has any other copies; odd numbers are fine, but not primes, or numbers with a '0' in them.

Seriously, though, what am I missing? Why not just put the card in your team set, and tally up some unanticipated bonus points for the jersey numbering?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. When it does, I normally send it back with a polite note asking if the seller has any other copies; odd numbers are fine, but not primes, or numbers with a '0' in them.

Seriously, though, what am I missing? Why not just put the card in your team set, and tally up some unanticipated bonus points for the jersey numbering?

Because I collect firsts/lasts/jersey serial #s of Rockies players. All of the team sets I make have cards without significant serial #s . Makes them a bit more of a challenge, but still fun.

Members online

Latest posts