Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, your house is on fire.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
So let's say we all have our collections displayed in our homes, no safes, safety deposit boxes or anything. Families and pets are not home and you have no other valuables in your home. A fire starts, you've already called 911 but you know you have time to swipe 3, AND ONLY 3, cards from your collection. What are they? Scans are a plus. People who post more than 3 pics will be publicly ridiculed and have their FCB points taken away....;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
1 and 2 are easy... Toss up for 3...

scan0003_zps04d9f548-1.jpg

CRUSADERED_zpsc79658a3.jpg

98e1ab7a.jpg

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Tough choice on choosing just three! Could we post three now and three later? :lol: I have quite a few similar valued cards in the higher end category, but I would currently choose these three due to the trades I made on the first two as well as the last one being my first big single card purchase:

2004 Bowman Chrome Felix Hernandez Gold Refractor RC Autograph /50:
rrrr13.jpg
rrrr14.jpg

2005 Fleer National Pastimes Ted Willams Buyback Autograph 1/1:
TedWilliamsAuto1of1.jpg
TedWilliamsAutoauthenticity.jpg

2001 Bowman Chrome Ichiro Refractor Japanese Back Mill Creek Autograph:
august24ichirofront.jpg
august24ichiroback.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I had the unfortunate opportunity to answer this hypothetical question just over five months ago. I grabbed four binders of vintage cards and my box of Butlers and left the rest. Thankfully the fireman were able to contain the fire to just the garage and I didn't lose anything.

That said, I couldn't pick just three.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] - ahhhh I see what you did there ;)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I'd rather just pick up the box that my cards are in, rather than shuffle through them risking my life to find the three I want to save. ;)

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'd save:

Once those were out, since I only have time for 3, I'd head back in and get killed trying to save:

As well as some other honorable mentions

Ok feel free to ridicule since I posted too many :(

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Man, why can't people just play the game. It is hypothetical. Jesus.

Because, if Josh Johnson doesn't play games, neither do I. All my stuff is boxed up, so I'd grab the boxes where they rest in.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
For those not wanting to play, then simply answer the following: which 3 cards do you care about most in your collection?

Latest posts