Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
FYI if you haven’t seen the Archives checklist, it has Placido Polanco and Charlie Manuel as Fan Favorites autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
one time at my work (lowes) I jumped on register to help out. There was a lady buying stuff and her husband was behind me. I was joking around as I do and the guy behind me was laughing but I never looked .. here it was Charlie Manuel that was behind me and his wife paying. if I only looked behind me.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
After reorganizing my office space I found I had an extra shelf so I laid out my Bake McBride collection for display for the time ever. I could not find my "I heart Bake McBride" pin, but it's around somewhere.
Bake-McBride-Collection.jpg
That's a set of progressive proofs from 1981 Topps Burger King set on the left (plus 2 1975 Topps proofs, for some reaons I guess that set got broken up), about 3/4 a PSA registry set across the back, and on the right are his post-career cards including Senior League cards, 2012 Topps Archives auto, and 2008 UD Timeless Teams with parallels including the gold auto #/5. The only ones I'm missing are a triple autograph from some 00s UD set with Schmidt and Trillo, IIRC. And supposedly 2005 Topps Rookie Cup included him in the plastic rookie cup buyback thing. I think there were supposed to be 7 copies but I've never seen one. Also not shown is a Little League Bake bat and an RC Cola can. Always looking for new Bakes if anyone has any.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
After reorganizing my office space I found I had an extra shelf so I laid out my Bake McBride collection for display for the time ever. I could not find my "I heart Bake McBride" pin, but it's around somewhere.
View attachment 116006
That's a set of progressive proofs from 1981 Topps Burger King set on the left (plus 2 1975 Topps proofs, for some reaons I guess that set got broken up), about 3/4 a PSA registry set across the back, and on the right are his post-career cards including Senior League cards, 2012 Topps Archives auto, and 2008 UD Timeless Teams with parallels including the gold auto #/5. The only ones I'm missing are a triple autograph from some 00s UD set with Schmidt and Trillo, IIRC. And supposedly 2005 Topps Rookie Cup included him in the plastic rookie cup buyback thing. I think there were supposed to be 7 copies but I've never seen one. Also not shown is a Little League Bake bat and an RC Cola can. Always looking for new Bakes if anyone has any.

Bake McBride is one of my favorite phillies.

That 1980 team is when i became a phan and 40 years later, I didn't realize how much suffering would be involved...I would also never trade it for anything!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
View attachment 116006
yea. I loved to watch him play through the 70;s and got to see him play in the world series 1980,sweet collection you have there. i only have a small hand full and this

Attachments

• McBRIDE, BAKE.jpg
    McBRIDE, BAKE.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 7

popguynyc

Feb 11, 2012
You gotta have a Richie Allen in the PC! Team is retiring his number on Thursday. Hopefully ahead of a HoF election later this year.

New pickup I've been wanting for a while. Saw it laying on a stack behind the counter at the shop. At this shop they always keep the interesting things behind the counter in constantly shifting piles while the stuff in the cases hasn't changed since 2004.
View attachment 115326
And some pickups from when I collected Maikel for 5 minutes in 2016.
View attachment 115327View attachment 115328View attachment 115329View attachment 115330View attachment 115331
The cleat #/2, Red Mini #/5, and GQ Mini #/5 were the first three cards I picked up. I remember thinking I should only buy Franco cards if they were numbered to 5 or less. The most exclusive collection.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 116006
I always enjoy seeing player collections of players who were less in the spotlight. I think it might have been you that asked if he had a RC Cola iron-on. i see the guy that was trying to sell his set of team strip sheets broke them up and I believe I did see McBride as a Philly.

Do you have all of the various parallels for Timeless Teams? That was a tough set for me. Garvey had 4 different cards. Each one had 3 color variations (base, bronze /50 and gold /5) plus 3 autos for each card too (base, gold /5 and a 1/1). I'll be damned if my last card wasn't a bronze traded to me by another Garvey collector, other than 3 of the 1/1s I never saw surface.

Members online