Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian Gray Sues the Industry Summit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
A few thoughts:
#1- they took my money and confirmed my booth, then booted me after being threatened...
[URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 -[/URL] it is ILLEGAL for competitors to blackmail, threaten, bully or otherwise induce a party to break a contract or tortiously interfere with a competitors business.
#3- I sold nearly $20 million in trading cards last year, I think it is safe to say plenty of people are buying our products...
Return to your fighting.. BG

You have proof of #2 ?

How is any of this surprising?

Manufacturers pressuring to have leaf removed from the summit (acting like ball baby XXXXXes) but they have a reason beyond his speech to want him out. Leaf poaches their products top cards and their players then sees a larger return on investment. Then leaf rubs it in their noses and threatens to change the hobby while throwing verbal haymakers. They use the first amendment to produce cards.. (Something I see as absolutely abhorrent. Almost as bad as middle schooler cards.)

Next leaf sues.. Really no need to go down this road as we touch base on it many times per year.

I'm not saying anyone should ever lay back and take it.. What I'm saying is the average collector at the average shop doesn't give a XXXX who can or cannot attend what. Most of is want a normal lawsuit free.. Friendly environment where products are made to celebrate the game and hobby. Most of us don't want exclusives and 200$ packs. Most of us want you all to quit sucking the fun out of it and give a XXXX about us.. And not your bottom line!

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
How is any of this surprising?

Manufacturers pressuring to have leaf removed from the summit (acting like ball baby XXXXXes) but they have a reason beyond his speech to want him out. Leaf poaches their products top cards and their players then sees a larger return on investment. Then leaf rubs it in their noses and threatens to change the hobby while throwing verbal haymakers. They use the first amendment to produce cards.. (Something I see as absolutely abhorrent. Almost as bad as middle schooler cards.)

Next leaf sues.. Really no need to go down this road as we touch base on it many times per year.

I'm not saying anyone should ever lay back and take it.. What I'm saying is the average collector at the average shop doesn't give a XXXX who can or cannot attend what. Most of is want a normal lawsuit free.. Friendly environment where products are made to celebrate the game and hobby. Most of us don't want exclusives and 200$ packs. Most of us want you all to quit sucking the fun out of it and give a XXXX about us.. And not your bottom line!

It quit being friendly when the licensors started raping manufacturer to the tune of 20-30% (in turn screweing the customers!)...

This is about principle. Pure and simple.
BG

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
This thread has a better ROI than any products out there. :D

I'll throw in some black eyes.. and not just Leaf has them. But all the "Beleafers" seems to only point out the quick return on redemptions.

Jab: Durant Upper Deck stickers on Topps RC cards.

Upper Cut: Lillard Leaf Stickers on Panini RC Cards.

Low Blow: Lillard allowed to sign super high-end Panini RC cards.

So if someone invested on Leaf's exclusive Lillard Autos they saw the prices dip when they slapped his sticker on the Prizm and Select RCs. Then those tanked when licensed high end RC Autos were released. I bet this would piss off anyone here if it was a baseball player. Investors who held on too long and collectors who overpaid thinking they'd be the only Lillard RC Autos.

At this point I'm surprised no one's carefully peeling off LeBron autos to put on his Miami Heat cards.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Hope it works out for you Brian. Was a vintage collector (just look at things and observe cards/threads now, out of the hobby) but did own a few of the Leaf Metal Ali cards a few years back and always thought your products were very attractive, regardless of sport/non-sport/whatever.

As much of a fan of Topps as I am (grew up with them), I hope you're able to get the full set of licenses someday. I'm pretty certain you could eventually overtake Topps and whoever else if you keep up what you're doing.

I do hope you take into consideration some of the things people on here say. Well, aside from the "keyboard cowboys" anyway........

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Looking forward to pulling autos from that 24 year old freshman lsu rbc commit from the hs All America football game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app for triple FCB points

Latest posts