Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian Gray Sues the Industry Summit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
High horse? lol What on earth are you talking about. I'm on high horse because I talk openly about Topps' crappy redemption process that you yourself have expressed is garbage. Get real. Why don't you "fight" for someone or something that deserves your energy instead of "fighting" for a company that doesn't give a rat's ass about you and will lie to you to get your money.

thought xmas break was over and the kids were back in school, but guess not. No where in my post do I "fight" for Topps. If you think the redemption process is crappy then don't buy their products. It's that simple. No one is forcing you to take your allowance to the shop and use it to buy cards.

And you think Leaf, UD, Panini, give a rats-ass about YOU or me? Doubt it. The machine will keep churning out product after product after product, and I'm okay with that. But please stop talking about BG like he's trying to take the industry to new heights but "the man" is keeping him down.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
thought xmas break was over and the kids were back in school, but guess not. No where in my post do I "fight" for Topps. If you think the redemption process is crappy then don't buy their products. It's that simple. No one is forcing you to take your allowance to the shop and use it to buy cards.

And you think Leaf, UD, Panini, give a rats-ass about YOU or me? Doubt it. The machine will keep churning out product after product after product, and I'm okay with that. But please stop talking about BG like he's trying to take the industry to new heights but "the man" is keeping him down.

"Derp derp derp, random needless insult."

Clearly you are fighting for Topps. Why are you denying it? You are sticking up for their practices and acting like they aren't doing anything wrong. That's called fighting for them. Then you pass the redemption buck on to others like a good little Topps servant.

I rarely if ever buy unopened product with redemptions as a main selling point or redemptions in general. I would buy more if things were "safer" with less or no redemptions. So take your 'don't buy it then' crap and shove it.

I never said any of these companies cared about anyone, but Leaf/Brian Gray are EASILY the best to their customers and there is no denying that. They make an effort to keep things on the up-and-up whereas Topps and other companies make an effort to do exactly the opposite.

Keep fighting the good fight. ;)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
And you're point? If I don't want to wait for 6 month, a year, 2 years, and someone else does, let them redeem it. Might want to get off your "noble" high horse.

The fact that you, or anyone, pretty much needs to sell them simply to negate the extreme likelihood you won't ever get the card, is downright dumb. Perpetuating the process doesn't help. Yes we are not forced to buy their products. But my take is, if they want to produce products, they should give me an actual product, or not have a license. Simply selling away empty promises/IOU's you pull from a box is a quick fix. What happens if it continues to get worse and worse? Then what will you do? Quit busting I'm sure. You won't be able to sell them any longer. Then a lot of people will stop busting. Then topps may change things just a little to pick up interest again. And then they'll settle back into their old ways again. To the point of if you want anything licensed, it's gonna be crap. Is this cool for you? Is it other people's headache? Or everybody's headache?

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
I think maybe the other companies pushed to keep leaf out mainly because they are probably sick of him taking their products and reselling them. I certainly dont think thy are scared of him probably just sick of him. I also think BG comes across as a giant baby with his Im going to sue everyone who says anything bad about him or leaf (didnt he threaten to sue a member or 2 in threads). I dont personally know BG and he may be the nicest guy in the world but he comes across as a ****** a lot and seems like a used car salesman when I hear him talk. Not everyone gets invited to everything.

If this guy running the summit decides BG cant come thats up to him. Thi isnt 4th grade and not everyone has to be invited to the party. As long as he rufnds BG his money then why would you sue him? Put your big boy pants on and move on.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I think maybe the other companies pushed to keep leaf out mainly because they are probably sick of him taking their products and reselling them. I certainly dont think thy are scared of him probably just sick of him. I also think BG comes across as a giant baby with his Im going to sue everyone who says anything bad about him or leaf (didnt he threaten to sue a member or 2 in threads). I dont personally know BG and he may be the nicest guy in the world but he comes across as a ****** a lot and seems like a used car salesman when I hear him talk. Not everyone gets invited to everything.

If this guy running the summit decides BG cant come thats up to him. Thi isnt 4th grade and not everyone has to be invited to the party. As long as he rufnds BG his money then why would you sue him? Put your big boy pants on and move on.

Why don't you actually read the article so you aren't just steeping your opinions on the matter in blind hatred of Brian Gray.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Remember when the haters would post and people would tell them stop with the conspiracy theories and would post this picture? Maybe its time we take our own advice.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
The fact that you, or anyone, pretty much needs to sell them simply to negate the extreme likelihood you won't ever get the card, is downright dumb. Perpetuating the process doesn't help. Yes we are not forced to buy their products. But my take is, if they want to produce products, they should give me an actual product, or not have a license. Simply selling away empty promises/IOU's you pull from a box is a quick fix. What happens if it continues to get worse and worse? Then what will you do? Quit busting I'm sure. You won't be able to sell them any longer. Then a lot of people will stop busting. Then topps may change things just a little to pick up interest again. And then they'll settle back into their old ways again. To the point of if you want anything licensed, it's gonna be crap. Is this cool for you? Is it other people's headache? Or everybody's headache?

So you've never in your life sold a redemption card?

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
In a thread about Brian Gray and Leaf, WTF else would I be talking about. If you can't handle the discussion then get lost, dude.

Really???? I thought I was about Topps. Seems all you've been screaming about from your soap box. Why don't you go to bed as it's past 8PM, and let the adults talk you freaking loser.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Why don't you actually read the article so you aren't just steeping your opinions on the matter in blind hatred of Brian Gray.

Are you slow? Nothing i said was based in my "hatred" of Brian Gray I have no ill will toward anyone I simply said why I think the companies may not want him there and how I think he comes across in interviews and public speaking engagements.

You sound like your on his payroll lol

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Are you slow? Nothing i said was based in my "hatred" of Brian Gray I have no ill will toward anyone I simply said why I think the companies may not want him there and how I think he comes across in interviews and public speaking engagements.

You called him a "giant ******" and implied he's acting like a 4th grader. And for what. Because he wants to be able to go to the Summit he has been going to for 3 years and that he was invited to.

Is this "I'm just typing away and have no idea what I'm typing Day" or what.

Wish I was. I would love the extra income.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX

Exactly. Maybe we need a mod to check and make sure that BG doesn't have a 2nd account here. This guy really LOVES him some Leaf!

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
You called him a "giant ******" and implied he's acting like a 4th grader. And for what. Because he wants to be able to go to the Summit he has been going to for 3 years and that he was invited to.

Is this "I'm just typing away and have no idea what I'm typing Day" or what.

Wish I was. I would love the extra income.

Its called reading comprehension for a reason I said he comes across as a giant ****** not he is a giant ******. I also did not say he is acting like a 4th grader I said this isnt 4th grade where everyone gets an invite to the party.

Let me say this again maybe you can get it this time. I dont know Brian and he may be a great guy I think he presents himself poorly in interviews and his I will sue everyone act doesnt help.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Ok all let's just stop the name calling.

Anyway, the industry summit isn't a card show, it's THE place where any major company associated with this industry SHOULD / HAS TO attend.

Leaf and Itg are major players in this hobby and both owners are hobby lifers who have much to offer this business.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
This thread used to be informative and I was loving the debate...

Now I am finished reading it and tired of the insulting back and fourth...

Thanks for ruining it guys.

Members online

No members online now.