Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Long Term Set Goal: 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo Set UPDATE, Griffey among others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Haven't posted a topic in a bit, but figured this might be a nice one for the promo collectors or rare 90's card guys. Here is my progress on the 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promos. Currently at 17 of 30. I've seen another 6 or 7 players, but I can go months or even a year without even seeing another one, so I'll take my progress on the set in baby steps. I used my ebay bucks on Griffey, my most recent find.

full.jpg

full.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Love the super rare promo stuff!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Typically, how much are they?

They can vary a lot, even ones I haven't won. A Mattingly recently sold via BIN @ $400. The most expensive I've seen sell at open auction was George Brett at $405, but had previously sold for $250 and $350. The lowest price one I've picked up was $30 for a poor condition Winfield. They aren't listed very often, so price can really swing either direction depending on who happens to spot it at the time of listing.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Great start there Nolan ! I am sure you'll get there someday . So you haven't even seen 10 or so if the cards before?

Ryan

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Great start there Nolan ! I am sure you'll get there someday . So you haven't even seen 10 or so if the cards before?

Ryan

I've tracked these for quite a few years, but I don't recall or remember seeing Rickey Henderson or Ozzie Smith. I've definitely seen Ryan, Brett, Eckersley, Sandberg, Mattingly, Gonzalez, Yount, Fisk, then Hendersonfan confirmed a Bonds. Not sure on the others.

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Old post from the past :)

2 years later and still at the same spot. I've seen a few listed & sold that I already had. Picked up an extra Griffey, but no new ones for the master set. Anyone else see anything of their player? Ozzie Smith? Rickey Henderson? Robin Yount?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Boost to hope :) Still, only landed 1 new one (Robin Yount) in the past couple of years. Any leads on other cards from this impossible set?

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I was pleased to pick up a damaged Puckett last month, corner was creased. Figured it was probably my best chance to cross that off the Puckett list at a price I could afford. Anybody have any ideas on how many of each of these may exist?

Members online