Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 & 2000 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Well I opened my 2 boxes and made a spreadsheet of everything pulled. I left one box at the LCS and went back today to get it since I had so much fun breaking.

My LCS is like an episode of hoarders. There is a pile of 100+ dirty, faded binders in a pile on the floor full of cards. There are 8 bookshelves of 95 - 2003 wax boxes, not sorted, organized or priced. Just filled with everything early 2000s. There are countless boxes of unsorted cards on shelves and on the floor. On top of the book cases behind framed autos are sealed cases of every 98-00 topps baseball wax.

Store owner allowed me to go behind the counter and rummage thru all the wax. I tried to start browing the singles but he wouldn't let me. But I went thru all 8 bookcases and came away with this:

View attachment 37519

6 2000 boxes and 2 1999. If I had the opportunity to rummage like a CSI I guarantee I'd find more boxes or singles. I am thinking about how to go about that. As someone that is OCD and analytics oriented, this store drives me nuts. Countless treasures buried in there.

I will likely end up breaking all these, stay tuned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Sure wish I lived near a shop like that.Lucky you.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Well I opened my 2 boxes and made a spreadsheet of everything pulled. I left one box at the LCS and went back today to get it since I had so much fun breaking.

My LCS is like an episode of hoarders. There is a pile of 100+ dirty, faded binders in a pile on the floor full of cards. There are 8 bookshelves of 95 - 2003 wax boxes, not sorted, organized or priced. Just filled with everything early 2000s. There are countless boxes of unsorted cards on shelves and on the floor. On top of the book cases behind framed autos are sealed cases of every 98-00 topps baseball wax.

Store owner allowed me to go behind the counter and rummage thru all the wax. I tried to start browing the singles but he wouldn't let me. But I went thru all 8 bookcases and came away with this:

View attachment 37519

6 2000 boxes and 2 1999. If I had the opportunity to rummage like a CSI I guarantee I'd find more boxes or singles. I am thinking about how to go about that. As someone that is OCD and analytics oriented, this store drives me nuts. Countless treasures buried in there.

I will likely end up breaking all these, stay tuned...

Nice cant wait to see what you get from ripping them. I wish I had any kind of card shop near me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Let us know if you going to post up results here or in the box break section, etc.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
^^This. It would be nice to see what colors/golds you pulled (if any). I'm sure there a lot of people waiting to see what you get from the other boxes as well.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Broke 8 boxes of 2000 and two of 1999. I love Tek cards, I know 1998 has all the lore, but the 2000 set is beautiful and at 45 subjects x 20 patterns = 900, a more realistic set to put together. Plus the acetate tech seems to have improved in this 3rd year as there is little spotting or missing foil on the bg patterns. The only common issue is that many cards have lines where the refractor coating seems to stop and start again.

My 8 boxes yielded 412 uniques putting me at 46% completion. I have never been a set builder, but I'm really considering going for it. I love the checklist (sans the 5 cruddy rookies) as 2000 was around the time I really got into cards. Anyone here completed this set? I see pkrplayer on SL has countless singles for sale. Only thing I dont like is that each player has 4 sets of 5 cards, so they would be awkward to put in a 9 page binder.

1404513253452.jpg

Golds pulled:
- John Sneed P16
- Eric Munson P17
- Carlos Beltran P02

- Jim Thome P29A
- Craig Biggio P25A
- Mike Piazza P28A
- Larry Walker P28A

1404513277607.jpg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Also a fun fact about 2000 Tek packs, when there is a RJ card in a pack, he is always the top card. Held true for all 15 cards pulled of him. One of those things only a PC guy would pick up on :)

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Broke 8 boxes of 2000 and two of 1999. I love Tek cards, I know 1998 has all the lore, but the 2000 set is beautiful and at 45 subjects x 20 patterns = 900, a more realistic set to put together. Plus the acetate tech seems to have improved in this 3rd year as there is little spotting or missing foil on the bg patterns. The only common issue is that many cards have lines where the refractor coating seems to stop and start again.

My 8 boxes yielded 412 uniques putting me at 46% completion. I have never been a set builder, but I'm really considering going for it. I love the checklist (sans the 5 cruddy rookies) as 2000 was around the time I really got into cards. Anyone here completed this set? I see pkrplayer on SL has countless singles for sale. Only thing I dont like is that each player has 4 sets of 5 cards, so they would be awkward to put in a 9 page binder.

View attachment 37650

Golds pulled:
- John Sneed P16
- Eric Munson P17
- Carlos Beltran P02

- Jim Thome P29A
- Craig Biggio P25A
- Mike Piazza P28A
- Larry Walker P28A

View attachment 37651

Good break.Who are the cruddy rookies?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks, I collect most any Cubs. I am working on Woods and Grace as well. I am even getting the Patterson ones in 2000 Tek.

Nice to see other team collectors out there.I just bought an Ankiel from someone here, so I go after the lesser players from my team too.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I am glad they left Andruw out of the 99 set. I'm still missing 6 of the gold from 2000 and I do have 2 uncut proof cards I got from Leximo.

photo 1.JPG

Last edited:

Members online