Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So how much of a premium is a 9.5 Superfractor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AJ-*******-...1177940377?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20dedc6999

That card had been on eBay raw for the better part of the last year with no takers, and finally sold for $69.99 a few weeks ago.

Seems that a $900+ premium is a little much. :lol:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This is what some people do, especially with low-prints and 1/1s. A guy won a 2011 Marquee Museum Prince Fielder for $95 last November (I know because I was the underbidder, should've gone higher), and that exact card now sits in a BGS 9.5 holder that for sale on ebay for $600 until last week. Don't know if he sold it, but his maneuver was likely successful.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Price is probably so high that most potential buyers will be scared off, but otherwise this is the right way to sell a card like that. A $300-500 BIN would have been more appropriate. Plenty of room for negotiation and/or the crazy buyer who doesn't know/care of the market to leave yourself a nice profit as the seller.

In general I think 9.5s add a small premium even though Superfractors are already 1/1s. Unless you're a raw-only collector, I don't think there's anyone out there who would rather have the card raw rather than slabbed a BGS 9.5.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Price is probably so high that most potential buyers will be scared off, but otherwise this is the right way to sell a card like that. A $300-500 BIN would have been more appropriate. Plenty of room for negotiation and/or the crazy buyer who doesn't know/care of the market to leave yourself a nice profit as the seller.

In general I think 9.5s add a small premium even though Superfractors are already 1/1s. Unless you're a raw-only collector, I don't think there's anyone out there who would rather have the card raw rather than slabbed a BGS 9.5.

The thing is, it's been on eBay with a $99.99 or less opening bid for the better part of a year. Sure, maybe a new crazy buyer will come along, but damn.

I collect ******* and I didn't bite at $69.99. With three 1/1 parallels in 2012 Sterling (Super/Red/Canary) it kind of waters it down.