Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Super Collector... When should I apply?

When should I apply for Beckett Super Collector?

• Once I hit 2000

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Once I hit 3000

• Never... Beckett Sucks

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Other (please explain)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool to look back. Looks like I'm -0.1% from January 2014 haha... got to love all the new cards coming out helping me move backwards... probably means I've added a ton though too...

Very good point. I think if the new cards keep coming, in the very near future, some players may have up to 15,000 or even 20,000 unique cards. Not like Griffey guys needed anything new to chase. I know I've added at least 50 new Bagwells(and that's probably conservative) from new products. Just one product alone usually yields 10 or so new cards plus 1/1's, autos, etc. it's nuts. Prizm was a big contributor.

Eddie...keep up the good work man! I'm still waiting for you to dive back in to super collecting all pacific stuff!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I used to collect Latrell Sprewell and thought I would do an eBay search recently and found genos in prizm and gold standard. I thought about doing the rainbow but have decided against it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I used to collect Latrell Sprewell and thought I would do an eBay search recently and found genos in prizm and gold standard. I thought about doing the rainbow but have decided against it. :)

His stuff still sells ok last time I checked. I was actually a bit surprised...

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Oh yeah. He has a cult following. Really wish I would have kept all of the stuff I had. Sold it before the 90s insert boom. I got like 200 for the red PMG. Last one I saw sold for almost $700

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Whatever you do, make sure to include your email in the write up you do about your collection. I had a few people email me right after I was in the issue with JJ cards. Nothing ultra rare or on my want list, but I did appreciate them emailing me and bought all that were offered.

I miss Amish Dave :eek:

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
So it's been almost 19 months since I have last updated this thread. :)

March of 2015, I had 1,618.

As of today, I have 2,061. I have added 443 since my last update. This gives me a total of 62.17% of the total GU/Autographs Pacific created from 2000-2002 in their football product.

My goal for the remainder of the year is to get to 2100, which should be obtainable.

I have started to document my collection on Facebook. Here is a link for anyone interested in taking a look. Feel free to like the page if you are so inclined.

https://www.facebook.com/PacificGameUsedandAutos/

As for Beckett Super Collector, once I find a way to display my collection, then I will submit what I have to them for consideration.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I have been thinking of submitting my Descalso collection. Its nothing special really because well its Daniel Descalso but here are the numbers
99% Completion
16 -1/1s
4 Game Used Bats
2 pair Game Used Batting Gloves
1 Pair of Game used cleats
2012 Game Used Batting Helmet
2013 Game Used Hat
4 Game Used Jerseys
.6 Game Used Locker Nameplates
56 Autographed It
Actually when I post it like that I feel like it would fall short of making the magazine

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have been thinking of submitting my Descalso collection. Its nothing special really because well its Daniel Descalso but here are the numbers
99% Completion
16 -1/1s
4 Game Used Bats
2 pair Game Used Batting Gloves
1 Pair of Game used cleats
2012 Game Used Batting Helmet
2013 Game Used Hat
4 Game Used Jerseys
.6 Game Used Locker Nameplates
56 Autographed It
Actually when I post it like that I feel like it would fall short of making the magazine
Whoa, you have 99% of his cards? That is something I would submit.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Whoa, you have 99% of his cards? That is something I would submit.
Descalso only has 158 cards or something like that so its not that hard lol . The only card I'm Missing currently is a 2012 Factory Orange. I missed one for a dollar the other day asked the seller to contact the buyer, I offered 100 dollars for a card that's numbered to 246 and never got a response.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
You pacific collection is certainly one of the hobbys more unique. They'd be crazy not to feature it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you sir.

I found a collector that has a large stash of very unique Pacific GU that I am currently working with to get some whoppers. I sent him a list of 40 cards I needed to complete a patch set and he came back to me and said "I have 22 of them."

:^) Pretty excited. to say the least.

I think I am going to submit at 2300, which will give me approximately 66% of the entire run.

Members online