Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Matte finish/foil question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Ruben started out 1996 on the Yanks before he was traded as part of the Cecil Fielder deal.

Did the Yanks give him a WS ring? I know he fell out of favor with Torre that year.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
It's funny you asked that. Before I decided on a card to have signed I have a Beckett magazine with a bunch of '96 guys on the cover and I thought about maybe adding Sierra to it and decided not to for that reason. I do not know if he got a ring. Maybe that will keep me busy tonight at work trying to find that info out.

Jan 14, 2009
1996 Fleer comes in 4 different variations:

-Base: matte finish, gold foil lettering
-Base: matte finish, silver foil lettering (rare, unless you hit a full box at once like mentioned in this thread)
-Tiffany; glossy finish, holographic/rainbow foil lettering
-Tiffany; glossy finish, gold foil lettering (very rare)

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
1996 Fleer comes in 4 different variations:

-Base: matte finish, gold foil lettering
-Base: matte finish, silver foil lettering (rare, unless you hit a full box at once like mentioned in this thread)
-Tiffany; glossy finish, holographic/rainbow foil lettering
-Tiffany; glossy finish, gold foil lettering (very rare)

That is accurate.

When I opened my full box of base (with matte finish, silver foil lettering), the tiffany card in each pack had a glossy finish with gold foil lettering.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I found the box of 1996 Fleer. To clarify, the box was a 36 count retail box and not a hobby box as I originally thought.

All of the base cards were the printing variations (matte finish with silver foil lettering).

I'm wondering whether the fact that the cards were retail had anything to do with the printing variations.

Any Henderson?

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Any Trammells in there?

I already have the bobby higginson, and I always just believed them to be misprints, but maybe they are hobby/retail variants.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm searching for one of these matte finish silver foil variations of Kirby Puckett. Please let me know if anyone has one available for sale.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Old thread but happy that when I went through some extras I found a Clark Gold Tiffany , and bought the Silver Base last month for 25% of what last sold for , so I'm done with this variation.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks Dustin. It's these type of Player Collector things that makes my wife question my sanity, but I love it l.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Members online

Latest posts