Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burbank pricing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That would make sense. Most dealers don't have the space or the desire to store piles of essentially worthless commons that will only sell to a very special customer (a buyback campaign is a rare, but relevant example). I suppose if you have to pay more, that price or part of it is likely passed on to the end consumer anyway, since you are not buying these as a collector, but as a business in hopes of using them to boost sales of a product they are used in.

I spend lots of money with these guys for buyback cards.. Where else can you one stop shop 20-100 card lots of any old leaf cards?

That being said and off on a different tangent, buyback cards are a potential goldmine if they are handled properly. Player collectors are generally known to chase any and all of their player and if a card manufacturer can buy a few 3 cent junk commons, stamp them with a number and a little foil and know that they will help sell a product or even better, get them signed (and the singles will sell for dollars later), it's almost like printing money! Topps had something good going for a while and let it slide there. They have a vast opportunity with the card selection they have created over the years to really create some special buybacks cards. I'd love to see heritage do some signed vintage buybacks in addition to the real one inserts.

Members online

Latest posts