Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cano joins Seattle, complains they're not the Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I saw that yesterday.. as far as I am concerned, I'm glad he did that..

We still have management that told Lou Pinella that they were not going to get a player he asked for and that's one reason he left..

The player.. David Justice who ate Mariner's pitching for lunch and knocked them out of the playoffs..

They invested 10 years in Cano, at least they could do is put a team on the field that can help him..

If they don't the M's attendance will dwindle even more.. I used to be gung ho for the M's year round as I have been following them since their first year..

If they don't help him out in the lineup, I don't see the point of going to a game to watch the M's lose 3-1 day after day because their hitting has been horendous..

Kendre Morales led the team with a .277 avg last year.. I think we might have had 1 or 2 hit 20 hr's..

If there is no one to help him out, they will just pitch around Cano..

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Pretty much a non story. Everyone thinks they need another bat and pitcher.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Cano saying that he went to Seattle because of respect, is like a player saying they signed with Houston to win a World Series.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Cano saying that he went to Seattle because of respect, is like a player saying they signed with Houston to win a World Series.

His point was probably that he felt disrespected by the Yankees, their offer, and their negotiating. I think Jeter felt disrespected as well, it happens. Players think they are worth more than they are.
Teams want them for less than they are worth. Fans, family, agents, telling them how amazing they are and worshiping them. He goes to the Mariners to meet them, they treat him like a king, because they want/need him.
He goes back to the yanks, they make their offer. He feels disrespected. pretty easy to follow. I don't think long showed much respect.

He left. people need to move on. This story was a non issue. Every person on espn, mlb channel, and even fans,k now what he said is correct, so how is this breaking news? It's being portrayed as if he is upset or whining. I take it as he is trying to urge his team on to signing some more help. Nothing more.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
His point was probably that he felt disrespected by the Yankees, their offer, and their negotiating. I think Jeter felt disrespected as well, it happens. Players think they are worth more than they are.
Teams want them for less than they are worth. Fans, family, agents, telling them how amazing they are and worshiping them. He goes to the Mariners to meet them, they treat him like a king, because they want/need him.
He goes back to the yanks, they make their offer. He feels disrespected. pretty easy to follow. I don't think long showed much respect.

He left. people need to move on. This story was a non issue. Every person on espn, mlb channel, and even fans,k now what he said is correct, so how is this breaking news? It's being portrayed as if he is upset or whining. I take it as he is trying to urge his team on to signing some more help. Nothing more.

It's the irony of the whole thing. Non-Yankee fans complain they buy their championships. Their best player leaves because of money. Then he complains the new team doesn't spend enough money to win. Then everyone says he's right.

It would be a non-issue if it was a non-issue. He has every right to ask for help in the lineup. The problem is he ain't gettin' it and he's stupid if he thinks all of a sudden they're spending money on talent.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I would love to be "disrespected" for $170M or whatever the Yankees offered him.It's fascinating they won't spend money to keep Cano, but way overpay for Ellsbury at around the same cost.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Kendre Morales led the team with a .277 avg last year..
I think we might have had 1 or 2 hit 20 hr's..
Actually, four Mariners hit 20 homers last season, and nine had at least 10 homers.
The Mariners were second in the AL in home runs last season.
Of course they were mostly solo homers because no one can get on base, but the Mariners have power.
They just need good hitters who can get on base, not power hitters.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It's the irony of the whole thing. Non-Yankee fans complain they buy their championships. Their best player leaves because of money. Then he complains the new team doesn't spend enough money to win. Then everyone says he's right.

It would be a non-issue if it was a non-issue. He has every right to ask for help in the lineup. The problem is he ain't gettin' it and he's stupid if he thinks all of a sudden they're spending money on talent.

HE IS the 'talent' that they spent their money on. He hasn't even played a game for them yet, he should keep his mouth shut in my opinion until he earns his stripes in the Seattle locker room.

You get a mega contract like he did, the first public words out of your mouth shouldn't be complaining that the club doesn't spend enough money. Uh, bud, they just blew their *** acquiring you. So shut up, collect your money, and enjoy your .500 seasons in Washington State. That's the way it is. You didn't go there to win, you wNt to get paid.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The way I heard it on, I don't remember if it was sports center or MLB network, what he was saying is that the lineup is lefty heavy and they need a righty bat to make it more even. If they were to face a lefty pitcher with 6 or 7 lefties in the lineup they would be at a disadvantage. The report I saw didn't come off as whining, or complaining, or making it about money, or whatever. It was just a comment he made to express his opinion on how to make the team better. You guys are making way more of this than anyone else.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
The way I heard it on, I don't remember if it was sports center or MLB network, what he was saying is that the lineup is lefty heavy and they need a righty bat to make it more even. If they were to face a lefty pitcher with 6 or 7 lefties in the lineup they would be at a disadvantage. The report I saw didn't come off as whining, or complaining, or making it about money, or whatever. It was just a comment he made to express his opinion on how to make the team better. You guys are making way more of this than anyone else.
He did say that and he's right. But he also went on to say:
"If it was up to me, we'd have Santana, Cruz and Ubaldo, too," Cano told the website. "That's really more for the front office."

No crap Robbie.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
He did say that and he's right. But he also went on to say:
"If it was up to me, we'd have Santana, Cruz and Ubaldo, too," Cano told the website. "That's really more for the front office."

No crap Robbie.

So why is that such a big deal, and make him whiny, and all that other jazz I read in this thread? What other player doesn't want to play with guys he thinks can make his team better?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
He should have enough money to help out the team by sponsoring (paying for) a player or two to help the team.
DANNY

Latest posts