Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have a fever for Teddy Ballgame PSA DNA slabs.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Saw the hoarding thread and that inspired me to take stock of my Ted PSA DNA collection. Most of these I have picked up over the last year or so. Anyway thanks for looking and let me know if you ever see anything for sale that fits this collection. I also have one purchase on the way from yesterday's quad EBAY bucks deal that I also had a 10% coupon for.

Last edited:

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Beautiful stuff, love the Perez Steele's. I was actually thinking about picking one up sometime in the near future. I'm reading the new book "The Kid" right now. He's definitely the best baseball player to come out of San Diego.

Is the vast majority of his signed stuff from the 80s and 90s? Any cut stuff out there from his playing days? Any way to tell?

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Beautiful stuff, love the Perez Steele's. I was actually thinking about picking one up sometime in the near future. I'm reading the new book "The Kid" right now. He's definitely the best baseball player to come out of San Diego.

Is the vast majority of his signed stuff from the 80s and 90s? Any cut stuff out there from his playing days? Any way to tell?

Ted's son did have him sign anything and everything during his last decade of life. I'll admit I sometimes get fooled with unauthenticated items so that is why I am now focusing on PSA DNA slabbed cards/postcards. Good luck, I love the Perez Steeles. I have one more from the 92 set that I need to have a full run.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
WOW! I knew you had a few, Scott but I didn't realize it was that many! Awesome :D

Thanks Scott!! I've been picking them up here-and-there so finally got all organized. It is a bad and costly obsession now...... ;)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming baseball season. Expect the Sox to be in the mix but I won't be stressin' about them.:D

Johnny B

Aug 7, 2008
You have a problem, and we are all here to help. I will take the first step and offer to take a few of those off your hands.

Seriously though, that is sweet. Do you have any ideas for displaying them all?

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
You have a problem, and we are all here to help. I will take the first step and offer to take a few of those off your hands.

Seriously though, that is sweet. Do you have any ideas for displaying them all?

Thanks and great question. I am very concerned about how light impacts signatures so I do keep these wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box out of the light. Someday, when I know I have a display keeps out the light I will show them off more prominently.

Totally insane!

Yes, I know ;).....I have a huge "man-crush" on Ted's picture.....

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Been months since I broker out the scanner- have 2 more slabbed Ted's. Considering having the Dexter Press submitted to PSA but hate to have it popped out of it's current holder.

Have several more that I do not want to post here until I have them certified.

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Always amazing to see your Ted Williams collection Scott! If you haven't done so yet, you should try tracking down one of these buybacks for your PC:

TedWilliamsAuto1of1.jpg
TedWilliamsAutoauthenticity.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Always amazing to see your Ted Williams collection Scott! If you haven't done so yet, you should try tracking down one of these buybacks for your PC:

TedWilliamsAuto1of1.jpg
TedWilliamsAutoauthenticity.jpg

Thanks Alex, I've seen these pop up and always consider them. Have just never found one for the right price. I have also yet to pick up a signed 59 Fleer that was not part of the buyback. Someday hopefully..... Hope you are well!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks Alex, I've seen these pop up and always consider them. Have just never found one for the right price. I have also yet to pick up a signed 59 Fleer that was not part of the buyback. Someday hopefully..... Hope you are well!!

Right back at you with the well wishes :) The non buyback ones should be easier on the wallet and you can find them with red ink too if you are looking for a different ink option.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Great collection Scott!

The first in the unprecedented consecutive triumvirate of HOF LF's for Sox!

Members online