Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
These don't show up often so I'm giving a heads up for anyone looking for a Tiffany Gold Jeter. I currently have one available for sale (just the 3rd copy I have owned) on ebay.

My guess is either Jared or Nelson got it but it could have been a few others I know as well.

Jan 14, 2009
My guess is either Jared or Nelson got it but it could have been a few others I know as well.

The buyer's first name was neither of those. I have sold two copies previously in the last 5 years and it's possible they had snagged one of them.

Also, as a heads up, PSA will not only refuse to label them as they are but they will outright reject grading them AT ALL, at least if you note the variation on the form. Their explanation to me (when submitting silver foil and gold tiffany Jeters) was that they were "one-time printing flaws" and therefore not something that they grade. I emailed and did my best to get through to someone capable of critical thought but failed and they were mailed back with no grade stickers on the card savers.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not noting variations by grading companies is just silly. Regardless of how many times the variation was printed , it exists, grade it, label it.

Ryan

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Also, as a heads up, PSA will not only refuse to label them as they are but they will outright reject grading them AT ALL, at least if you note the variation on the form. Their explanation to me (when submitting silver foil and gold tiffany Jeters) was that they were "one-time printing flaws" and therefore not something that they grade. I emailed and did my best to get through to someone capable of critical thought but failed and they were mailed back with no grade stickers on the card savers.
I think I remember reading somewhere that they will recognize a variation only if Beckett officially recognizes it. Does that sound right?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think I remember reading somewhere that they will recognize a variation only if Beckett officially recognizes it. Does that sound right?

Basically that's their policy. Standard Catalog and/or Beckett have to recognize it for them to label as so. The Stand and Deliver Reds were and continue to be a hassle to have graded / labeled / and continue to keep on POP Report. Sometimes common sense is lacking when you are relying on a place like Beckett to help make you decisions on what's right.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
So after reading this thread someone had some of these listed on eBay as the tiffany gold variation error. I should have taken a chance and picked them all up as they had 3 of each of these except the McGwire (only had 1) and a Randy Johnson that I didn't pick up for some reason then 5 minutes later they were all gone. They came in the mail today but I have no idea what I am looking for. Can someone help me (are these the Tiffany Variation Gold Errors? They have a glossy finish front and back but I don't have any other 96 fleer cards to compare it to. Did the base fleer have a glossy finish too? I have read through this thread and think they are… Here are the ones I picked up. Chipper Jones, A Rod, McGwire and Ivan Rodriguez. Thanks for the help all

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2008
So that's where those 1996 Fleer Tiffany Golds went! I picked up the ones that were left (including RJ). Would be very interested in trading for the Chipper for my collection if you are willing. PM me and I can send over a soft copy of my inventory, I have tons of great stuff to offer. Thanks!

Matt

ebay ID: cardboardstars.com

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
So that's where those 1996 Fleer Tiffany Golds went! I picked up the ones that were left (including RJ). Would be very interested in trading for the Chipper for my collection if you are willing. PM me and I can send over a soft copy of my inventory, I have tons of great stuff to offer. Thanks!

Matt

ebay ID: cardboardstars.com

Matt
Wasn't there more than one Chipper? I thought there were like 3. Funny, because I debating whether just scooping them all up but by the time I figured what the heck they were all gone. :) PM incoming

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Looking for a bunch of commons, I came upon a stack of these variations.

No stars except Palmeiro, but many other players (nearly all commons but a couple "name" players like Loaiza, Brian Jordan, Mike Hampton, Plesac etc)

Gotta use up my free eBay listings so let's see how commons sell.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

aanewport

Apr 23, 2016
Hello all! I joined these boards specifically for this thread. I recently purchased a 1996 Fleer Tiffany set (regular set not update) that was in 9 pocket pages and looked like it had been stored away for a while. I started looking at the set and noticed that many had gold foil and not the silver foil. I thought that I was going to have to return the set as the gold were all regular cards. But I took one out of the sheets and saw that it had the glossy finish and realized that all of the gold had glossy finish.

So I went to google "1996 fleer tiffany gold" and found these boards and this thread. All told I have approx. 280 of the 600 card tiffany set with gold foil and glossy finish! My original plan before discovering gold :) was to sell by team sets (or lots if some of the major stars were PSA worthy). With the golds I am not sure how to move forward. My first instinct is to sell the cards individually by 10 day auction.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Albert

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Hi, Albert. Welcome to FCB. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping you make this board part of your ongoing hobby experience.

I don't suppose #427 is part of your gold lot?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hello all! I joined these boards specifically for this thread. I recently purchased a 1996 Fleer Tiffany set (regular set not update) that was in 9 pocket pages and looked like it had been stored away for a while. I started looking at the set and noticed that many had gold foil and not the silver foil. I thought that I was going to have to return the set as the gold were all regular cards. But I took one out of the sheets and saw that it had the glossy finish and realized that all of the gold had glossy finish.

So I went to google "1996 fleer tiffany gold" and found these boards and this thread. All told I have approx. 280 of the 600 card tiffany set with gold foil and glossy finish! My original plan before discovering gold :) was to sell by team sets (or lots if some of the major stars were PSA worthy). With the golds I am not sure how to move forward. My first instinct is to sell the cards individually by 10 day auction.

Thanks,
Albert

Welcome to the board! I would be interested in #386 Andre Dawson if you have it.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Hi Albert and welcome! Is love to get the Canseco if you have one. Please let me know thanks!

Thanks,
Albert

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Look at all the vultures swooping in :D
Lol! I've got to say he picked the best place ever for these tyes of cards. I don't think any other forum on the Internet would care about these like we do.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Welcome aboard Albert! I'm interested in a Kirby Puckett if you have one. I've been searching for one since Josh bought his & started this thread. =)

Members online

Latest posts