Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, the base can be found in Gold (standard) or Silver Foil (error). If that really is a Tiffany (glossy stock), it should have holographic foil. If it's glossy and has gold foil, it's another uncataloged error.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Well, the base can be found in Gold (standard) or Silver Foil (error). If that really is a Tiffany (glossy stock), it should have holographic foil. If it's glossy and has gold foil, it's another uncataloged error.

Yup I got it in hand yesterday. It has gold foil but with the glossy finish like the tiffany parrallel. I was skeptical when I bought it but I figured it was worth a shot.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
It is another uncatalogued error. The retail box I had that contained base cards with the silver foil also contained these tiffany variations.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Nice find! I've had that on my wantlist (tiffany version, gold foil) for a while now. I ran across it years ago, but was not able to acquire a copy. I do have the silver foil version (non-tiffany).

Regular, variant (silver foil), Tiffany

96Fleer.jpg
96FleerSlvError.jpg
96FleerTiffany.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
Several years ago, I owned a Mike Sweeney RC of this same variation. Solid (non holographic) gold foil with glossy coat/finish instead of matte. I used to look for others but never found any.

Jan 14, 2009
1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold Jeter

These don't show up often so I'm giving a heads up for anyone looking for a Tiffany Gold Jeter. I currently have one available for sale (just the 3rd copy I have owned) on ebay.

Jan 14, 2009
I believe there is another thread on them within this board. From what I recall, one board member had opened an entire box of the foil variations, back in 1996.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Glad this thread came up. I have the base and Tiffany, and also a silver foil that I thought was a Tiffany without the gloss. I'll need to re-catalog that as a base card error and add a line to the wantlist for a gold-foil Tiffany.

Jan 14, 2009
Glad this thread came up. I have the base and Tiffany, and also a silver foil that I thought was a Tiffany without the gloss. I'll need to re-catalog that as a base card error and add a line to the wantlist for a gold-foil Tiffany.

Should be, as far as I am aware, the following 4 versions:

1.) Base issue, gold foil (matte finish)
2.) Base issue, silver foil (matte finish)
3.) Tiffany issue, holographic foil (glossy finish)
4.) Tiffany issue, gold foil (glossy finish)

I can confirm Jeter, Robin Ventura, Mike Sweeney and Juan Castro in all four versions. However, I believe that all series 1 cards can be found in each version with severely limited quantities of the gold tiffany version.

Members online