Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview - Have your guy or any player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Interesting on the Bernie. On one hand you have someone like me who hasn't seen their guy ever and doubts the card is out there..... Then a member is like "I've got it" and shows it. Pretty awesome and heartbreaking all at the same time.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see the Belle, even if not for trade or sale.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
I'm going to try my best to remember how these were distributed. I was working at a card shop and there was a pamphlet mailed to us about Afficionado. They wanted shops to go online and fill out a survey about the potential product. My shop owners weren't tech savvy and just gave me the pamphlet. I do remember needing to fill out the shop name as part of the survey. I didn't do it too many times since I figured they would catch on and see the same shop name on multiple surveys and just send me 1 card or none. But sure enough they sent me a card for every survey I filled out. I believe the reason why certain players are more plentiful is based on the day the survey was filled out. I'm sure most shop personnel filled the surveys out within the first few days of receiving the pamphlet, therefore more of that specific player was produced. So each player represented the day the survey was filled out. It's possible that toward the end of the promotion that nobody filled out a survey on a specific day, therefore they didn't print any of that card.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't recall ever seeing a John Olerud turn up. If anyone I know of would have one it'd be [MENTION=1985]olerudfan[/MENTION].

Interesting info on how they were distributed. I always thought they were pack inserted.

- Rodrick

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] do you happen to have the Shawon Dunston? Ive yet to see one pop up

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I believe it was [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] who posted a photo of the promo sheet not long back.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
@clarkzac do you happen to have the Shawon Dunston? Ive yet to see one pop up

Were you meaning [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] for this one? I saw he posted earlier in the thread, so I'm guessing that you just mixed up the names since they are pretty similar :lol:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I have 3 Grace previews. Bought the 3rd one last year when I found one for $6.

base/preview/AP
96AFICIONADO.jpg
96AFICIONADOFPP.jpg
96AFICIONADOAP.jpg

MagicPapa's redemption letter...
firstpitchpreview.jpg

An old thread on these...
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3138

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Were you meaning [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] for this one? I saw he posted earlier in the thread, so I'm guessing that you just mixed up the names since they are pretty similar :lol:

Haha yes its Friday and my brain is on weekend more already. [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] any chance you have or seen the Dunston from this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
You could only get them through an obscure web promo back in 1996, and personally, no one I knew back in 1996 was using the internet. There's a chance that some were never redeemed, or maybe just a handful of a particular card (I don't think you could pick who you wanted if you won). I have a Chili Davis, but I'm lucky in that only a handful of my top PC players potentially have one of these.

I have a Mike Stanley - I was given mine by a dealer I frequented back then - I did not redeem anything through the internet. The dealer used to give me most of his promos.

Latest posts