Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hey uh Michael, you got some DIRT on your neck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
There was no ball to check 'cuz the incident happened right after a hit to center...

And the great thing in the Post-Game he said he did it 'cuz it was so Cold and HE DIDN'T WANT TO HIT A BATTER with a lack of control...:lol:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
+1 is 100% correct. On your second point YOU are the bigger idiot if you think Buchholz or Lester will have visible pine tar on them pitching against the Yankees. You don't think Farrell will address this to them personally? And both [Lester and Buchholz] have only had 1 instance of it being visible while pitching, Pineda has had it visible every start so far this season.
Oh, I think Farrell will definitely talk to them, but if/when Buchholz goes to that nappy wick of his between pitches that will be a trip to the mound. Or the rubbing the forearms.

One thing that needs addressing is the use of something for the pitch grip. Remember the rosin bag? Where the hell has that gone?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
One thing that needs addressing is the use of something for the pitch grip. Remember the rosin bag? Where the hell has that gone?
I have no clue! I have been wondering the same as well since heck even when this issue became public last year with Buchholz. I assume rosin doesn't give as much bite to breaking pitches and that's why pitchers use pine tar instead. Pine tar = rosin bag on steroids.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I have no clue! I have been wondering the same as well since heck even when this issue became public last year with Buchholz. I assume rosin doesn't give as much bite to breaking pitches and that's why pitchers use pine tar instead. Pine tar = rosin bag on steroids.

This is something then that baseball should address. It seems that every pitcher uses something and it's one of those "unwritten rules" I constantly have to hear the meathead broadcasters blabber on about. So just give the pitchers something they can go to.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How weird that the Pineda/Montero trade turned out to be a trade of two cheating *********.
Well, at least Pineda is good.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
It's mandatory 10 games isn't it? Dip XXXX at least hide it.. Or something..
Something like that. And yes, how hard is it to hide the friggen stuff? It's almost like he was seeing how long he could get away with it....

If hitters can use it, let pitchers use it.
A lot of pitchers DO use it, most are not so blatant about it. But just because hitters can use it doesn't make it OK for pitchers to use it....hitters don't throw the ball, they just use it to hold on to the bat. It's not an advantage for the hitter to use it in terms of hitting, but (at least IMO) it's an advantage for a pitcher to use it. Plus, that's what the damn rosin bag is for....

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Well in his post game interview (I'm reading quotes, didn't see it live) he apparently said "He no use it anymore". Ha, we'll see it about that.

WEEI said:
PINEDA
Why did you do it?: ”In the first inning I no feel the ball, and you know, I don’€™t want to like hit anybody so I decide to use it.”
Why your neck?: “I don’€™t know. Like, you know, like, it’€™s cold, and I no want to hit anybody on the team, and I want to feel good the ball and make a good pitch.”
It’s illegal: “Yeah, but, the team. I don’€™t feel the ball and I don’€™t want to hit anybody, so …”
Who put it on you?: “Yeah, I do it by myself, yeah.”
Pine tar?: “Yeah, yeah. It’€™s pine tar.”
Expect suspension?: “Yea. You know, like, I feel so apologize for my team and everybody, so, I learn from this mistake. It no happen again.”
Did anybody with Yankees talk to you about this?: “No, nobody talked to me about that. I do it today because I no feel the ball in the first inning, and I do it by myself.”
What about what happened on April 10?: “This is the past. I don’€™t want to talk about it. I know I make a mistake today. That’€™s it.”
Did you apologize to your teammates?: “Yeah. I apologize to my teammates cause you know I put all the relievers in a bad (spot), so I apologize to my teammates and everybody. I feel so sad.”
What about next time?: “I go out there and pitch my game. I no use it anymore.”

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It takes a special kind of stupid to be so obvious against the same team you were so obvious with before.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Well in his post game interview (I'm reading quotes, didn't see it live) he apparently said "He no use it anymore". Ha, we'll see it about that.

I believe he merely wanted to increase his feel of the ball. It is cold out tonight and I can't blame the guy for not wanting to drill someone in the face with one of his pitches. When you throw as hard as Pineda, it would be very easy to see one get away in on a hitter on a night like tonight. I think he's telling the truth in what you quoted.

Members online

Latest posts