Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need your opinion on an Ebay purchase I made....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
I just picked up a Fisk 1972 Topps rookie card for $8, which I thought was a fair price for the card in the condition depicted. The card pictured in the auction had damaged corners, which was Ok with me as I was not looking for mint card, just wanted one to fill out my binder of 1970's Topps Red Sox cards. Here is the link to the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39082122397...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_997wt_1153

Today, I received the card. When I finally got around to looking at it closer, it was in really good shape. Which struck me as odd as usually when it comes to vintage, a seller is apt to send a card in poorer shape, not better if they were trying to pull one over on you. Here is the card I received:

In my opinion, it is not the card pictured in the auction. I am by no means a vintage expert or have any skill set that could say this is a fake. My question to you guys, is do people fake vintage cards? I compared the card to other 1972 Topps and it has the same feel and look. So if it was not a fake, do you think the seller mistakenly sent a better copy?

The seller has stellar feedback and I actually left him positive feedback on the transaction as it was sent timely and he had good communication. But my curiosity is getting the better of me and I thought I would seek your opinions on the card.

I did send the seller an email asking why the card was different and indicated I am not seeking anything other than an explanation. If it is a fake, I don't know that he would have known. But he should be able to see that the card was not the card depicted in the auction and I feel he should be made aware of this.

Thanks for the long read and I look forward to your thoughts.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
He had two cards, and he has the card you received listed in another auction, with a much higher BIN. He appears to have sent you the wrong one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlton-Fisk-Cecil-Cooper-Rookie-1972-Topps-79-Brewers-RC-EX-/331190920924?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d1c8466dc#ht_1105wt_943

So now the question, if he asks you to return it in exchange for the card you should have received, will you do it?

I would if he asked. I believe in karma and if he wanted it back, I would gladly send it back. He just sent me a note that the card was mistakenly sent and told me to keep it as it was his mistake. Pretty cool seller and glad I did not accuse him of anything in my email!

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
And thanks for showing the other auction. I did not even think to look. The card pictured in that one matches the one he sent to a T. Appreciate your help!

Wayne

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Isn't BigBoyd a known scammer or am I mistaken.Could have sworn I read that on here.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Isn't BigBoyd a known scammer or am I mistaken.Could have sworn I read that on here.

Uh...as far as I know there is questionable bidding activity with his stuff but nothing proven. Don't recall him being a scammer but I could be wrong.

Members online