Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling 2014 Mid-Season Trade Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

With 2 months of the season in the books, this years pretenders and contenders are starting to take shape. Which teams will be buyers, which will be sellers, what big name players will be moved, which prospects will come back to teams attempting to reload.

Some MLB players already rumored to be on the trading block (potentially) include guys like David Price, Jeff Samardzija, Matt Kemp and James Shields.

What team will be first to make a move to sure up their roster? Which team will be first to sell off their soon to be free agents or veteran stars, post it all here.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Phillies are still close enough in the East to trick themselves into not selling but IF it was me, I'd put the "For Sale" sign on the front of "The Bank" and sell it to the Walls, office-closing style.

Only Hamels and Utley aren't available...

WaxPax

So being here in the Tampa area, you can not escape the frustration of the (Devil) Rays performance this year. They are the only MLB team playing less than .400 ball, 15 games out of first. So far they are a dismal 1-9 for the month of June, and losing 14 of their last 15 overall. Add to this they have been shut out the last 3 games they've played. They can't sink much further (or can they), so the optimist would say it can only get better from this point on.

So at what point do they decide to cash it in for the year and try to trade Price. Who's the best fit as a trade partner?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm wondering if Milwaukee has enough of anything to trade AWAY if they want to pick up a 1B bat. Otherwise, unless they can land another 1-2 starter in a block-buster deal, I don't see what they need (besides bullpen, which EVERYONE can always use).

They might just move on with what they have, barring injury.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Alex Rios is having a fantastic year (MLB Avg. leader), but with the injury merry-go-round hitting the Rangers I highly doubt we have a run in us. I think he will be an extremely valuable bat to add to someone's lineup at the end of the year. Pretty sure he is a FA after this season.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Awaiting to see who the Cubs get for Hammel and Samardzija. I have a feeling Shark will end up a Blue Jay for Hutchinson and Sanchez or Stroman. I could see Hammel going to a team like Oakland but not sure on their farm system behind Addison Russell

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Now hearing the Giants are in on Samadizja and Kyle Cricks name is being tossed around and that the Mariners are in on Hammel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I think KC will keep Shields as they are the hottest team in baseball and only a half game out of 1st place in the AL Central. Price would be a good fit in Cincy or Atlanta. Dodgers should go after Samardjiza cause if the Giants get him that race is over.

Latest posts