Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Larrupin' Lou"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Finished with this commission earlier this afternoon:

image_zpse1eac68a.jpg

Tim

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I love all your work but this one just blows me away!

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Amazing! I've just visited your website and, while all your stuff looks great, your Gehrig is on another level of awesome.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I always hated that word "larrupin'." It sounded like they were really reaching for an alliterative adjective. They should have called him "Laser Show Lou."

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Right, wasn't really invented until early 1950s

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thank you all!

I love all your work but this one just blows me away!

Thanks! I'm just trying to get better with each one. A couple of original compositions on the horizon - can't wait to roll them out.;)

Your work is awesome. How big is that?

Thanks! This particular piece is roughly 21" wide by 26" tall. The odd dimensions are from scaling a '34 Goudey. Instead of trying to force it to fit a standard size (and skewing the image), I just went with what the math was telling me.

Amazing! I've just visited your website and, while all your stuff looks great, your Gehrig is on another level of awesome.

Thank you! As I just mentioned above....I just want to get better with each one. I learn something new from each piece!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, I was completely serious that, in the 1930s, 25 years before lasers were invented, let alone laser shows, they should have called Lou Gehrig "Laser Show." His Twitter handle should have been @Lou4NYY, and he should've been a spokesman for Tesla cars. Imagine the viral newsreels Gehrig and Nikola Tesla could have made, had they not come to their unfortunate ends.

Members online

Latest posts