Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ginter/Brian Kong Thread: Where the heck did it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Are dealers allowed to ask questions like this? I thought the topps talk was just them giving away product and dealers taking it.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Are dealers allowed to ask questions like this? I thought the topps talk was just them giving away product and dealers taking it.

Anyone can go, as long as you sign up beforehand at their booth. I went both years in Baltimore.

The beer is free, and the giveaways are great, but like I said, don't expect any good answers.

A_Pharis

Dear FCB

Hey bra, I saw ur board there had a post on us F****ing up the sketch cards, cool down with that man, you mind shooting that post down while we can circle
the wagons and figure out how to smooth this one over. Tanks...KIT

Sincerely
The pimple faced topps employee who just completed his third week on the job

Where did I say Brian worked for topps? I didn't. Topps should 1) Admit they screwed up. 2) Fix the problem to holders of these cards.

I think that is only fair. Hopefully Brian will get some more work and make more money.

Kevin

To be honest, that first post does read as though you think that was the situation with the prior thread about this issue. That thread was asked to be removed by the person that it affects the most and who should be the most upset - the artist.

Out of respect, this thread should have been deleted, too, until Brian can go about whatever method he pursues to correct the issue.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
There is the possibility Brian was the one who screwed them up when shipping them and that's why he requested the thread be removed.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, I'm surprised this thread is even still up. It's an unfortunate subject and I'll be honest, I'm torn whether it should be dismissed or had on here... on one hand, I side with the artist and see why he wouldn't want it discussed and we should respect that... on the other hand, this is a pretty big problem and issue and we are a board where we share ideas, thoughts, debate, etc. and it might be a good discussion to be hand. Either way, I'm guessing this thread won't last much longer and the topic won't be discussed until Topps or someone else puts out an official release about it or tweet or something.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Yea, I'm surprised this thread is even still up. It's an unfortunate subject and I'll be honest, I'm torn whether it should be dismissed or had on here... on one hand, I side with the artist and see why he wouldn't want it discussed and we should respect that... on the other hand, this is a pretty big problem and issue and we are a board where we share ideas, thoughts, debate, etc. and it might be a good discussion to be hand. Either way, I'm guessing this thread won't last much longer and the topic won't be discussed until Topps or someone else puts out an official release about it or tweet or something.

No disrespect, but Topps would never do this, because by doing so, they would be admitting to a mistake.

I'm assuming the people at Topps have (briefly) discussed this, and they decided that:

1. There were only 30 original sketch cards.

2. They were all inserted into rip cards, so probably only 15 or so of the 30 will ever surface.

3. Of the 15 people to pull them, 13 of them will be so happy that they pulled one, they won't even care what it looks like.

4. The guys who run the message boards have already deleted some of the threads that deal with this, and they're about to delete the rest of them.

5. NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE SCREW UP, WE STILL HAVE THE ONLY LICENSE, SO WHO GIVES A RAT'S BUTT?!?!

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Eh, I just don't see where this is that big of a deal.

There are other things that are big deals that need to be addressed.

I disagree, I think that the damaging of multiple 1/1's and then inserting them into the packages is a big deal. I won't attempt to speculate on why you feel it is not a big deal but I will ask you to expand on why you feel this is not a big deal.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I disagree, I think that the damaging of multiple 1/1's and then inserting them into the packages is a big deal. I won't attempt to speculate on why you feel it is not a big deal but I will ask you to expand on why you feel this is not a big deal.

Because there are stickered products coming out with autograph subjects that have outstanding sticker redemptions.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I think we are all in Brian's corner here. Honestly I can't see how topps can do anything other than to have Brain repaint them and have them available for whomever pulls
these. Marc Stephens has already shown concern over this. There just isn't a way topps can cover this up no matter how many message board mods they bully.

Chris brings up good points, but until dealers and distributors demand to know whats in a product BEFORE they send topps their money, then topps will continue to 1) load
up products with scrubs and 2) release a checklist a day before the product hits or even worse AFTER the product hits. For years I have thought that topps can just throw their products over a brick wall and get people to buy them. Right now both collectors AND dealers are weak.

I hope that topps has an answer soon.

Kevin

A_Pharis

I think we are all in Brian's corner here. Honestly I can't see how topps can do anything other than to have Brain repaint them and have them available for whomever pulls
these. Marc Stephens has already shown concern over this. There just isn't a way topps can cover this up no matter how many message board mods they bully.

Chris brings up good points, but until dealers and distributors demand to know whats in a product BEFORE they send topps their money, then topps will continue to 1) load
up products with scrubs and 2) release a checklist a day before the product hits or even worse AFTER the product hits. For years I have thought that topps can just throw their products over a brick wall and get people to buy them. Right now both collectors AND dealers are weak.

I hope that topps has an answer soon.

Kevin

No one is being bullied by Topps in this situation.

Members online