Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy Football advice needed....

Evans or Watkins

• Mike Evans

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
OK, I recognize this is a collectors site and not a fantasy board. But I know many of you participate in fantasy football so I thought I would get some opinions on my situation.

I am in a 12 team, keeper league. We can protect 6 players. I know, it is a lot, but it is what we did many years ago when starting and now no one wants to change the rules! So basically, all the best players are not available, which makes rookies the top picks every year.

I have the #1 pick. I am not a huge Sankey fan and have decided to go with one of the top 2 rookie WR's. The other rookie RB's are probably not going to make an impact until later in the year or next year. So my question to the group is Watkins or Evans.

Watkins has already lit up the Sportscenter Highlights with his one handed grab. Would like him more if he was in a better location (think Buffalo in Nov and Dec, when running becomes more of a premium). Plus he has a 2nd year QB.

Evans has the size that you just can't cover in the NFL. Think Megatron! He is an passing offense with Vincent Jackson on the other side of the field and promising rookie TE. He has Josh McCown, an OK veteran QB.

Both have plus and minuses, which what is making the choice so difficult!

Scoring is 1 point per catch, 6 per TD and a point for every 5 yards rushing or receiving.

Looking forward to seeing what the group thoughts are! Thanks for your help.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...-sammy-watkins-johnny-manziel-mike-evans-more

If it was me I would go with Watkins over Evans. Like this article said he will have to learn running breaking routes and other things. Tampa has there first year Coach( Smith) and QB(McGown) and a Rookie WR(Evans) all in a mix, so I think they are going to need more time to make things work thru the season. Plus only time will tell if McGown had a fluke of a season last year or not.

Buffalo has there 2nd Year QB (Manuel) but does have some throwing issues and they have a good core of receivers (Woods) and (Williams) too on that team as well. And this could take away from his playing time then but if Manuel can hit him with some more accuracy he will play more too, then the up side potential is truly more there then the down.

Good Luck man

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
IF I understand you correctly, I wouldn't take either guy with the #1 overall Pick, keeper or non-keeper...

Who would you take then? There will be a few decent veteran type players cut, but typically with us keeping 6 players each, the top 72 veterans are not available to draft. So it is usually best to go with a rookie. Curious to hear who you might think has more long term potential fantasy wise than those two rookies?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
If your going to take a rookie WR take Brandin Cooks from NO.

My thoughts exactly.

Although I think rookies go too high in Keeper league drafts. 95% of them, especially WRs are still available the following year.

Personally, I'd go with an established superstar Veteran, especially a QB if yours isn't that great, but IF I had to take a rookie, I'd take Cooks or Hyde...

Members online

Latest posts