Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allen Iverson Seen Begging for Change Outside Mall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
8-20-2014

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/sports/allen-iverson-begging-for-change-in-atlanta/

“I don’t even have money for a cheeseburger,” said Iverson.

Troubled former NBA basketball player Allen Iverson was seen begging for change outside of Lenox Mall in Atlanta. Several mall patrons reported a man with a disheveled appearance harassing them for change.

When security arrived, they were shocked to see it was none other than basketball legend Allen Iverson. Iverson was asked to leave the premises by mall security.

Over his NBA career, Iverson made over $154.5 million in salary. The 39-year-old also racked up quite a bit of income in endorsements, bringing his income to over $200 million.

Iverson blew through his money at an alarming rate on gaudy jewelry, expensive cars, and other frivolous purchases. In 2012, a Georgia judge garnished his wages to satisfy a $859,896.46 debt to a jeweler.

It is believed that he is now homeless and bounces around from home to home.

Though the 76ers legend is currently bankrupt, he does have a $30 million trust with Reebok, which he cannot access until he is 55-years-old.

But before we fully believe it.....

http://www.inquisitr.com/1420954/wa...d-begging-for-change-outside-an-atlanta-mall/

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This entire thing is nuts... From him actually asking for change... Then you read about all the $ he made in his career and then all the $ he spent.... Then you keep reading to find out he has a $30mm trust with Reebox he can't access for like 15 years! Like what the F?!

Crazy.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
What's crazy to me is a guy like this not being able to figure out a way to make money outside of basketball. Everyone in the country knows who you are, so it shouldn't be complicated.

-Go on a "Meet Allen Iverson" Tour signing autographs and taking pictures with fans who pay for an admission ticket.
-Go do some work as a basketball analyst.
-Go make a youtube video of you arm wrestling an orangutan and throw a couple ads on it.

It's not that hard. It seems like lack of effort that's holding him back...or maybe it's simply feeling sorry for himself.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
What's crazy to me is a guy like this not being able to figure out a way to make money outside of basketball. Everyone in the country knows who you are, so it shouldn't be complicated.

-Go on a "Meet Allen Iverson" Tour signing autographs and taking pictures with fans who pay for an admission ticket.
-Go do some work as a basketball analyst.
-Go make a youtube video of you arm wrestling an orangutan and throw a couple ads on it.

It's not that hard. It seems like lack of effort that's holding him back...or maybe it's simply feeling sorry for himself.

My guess is that he is a complete moron and he is the perfect example of what happens when your hand is held your entire life.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
My guess is that he is a complete moron and he is the perfect example of what happens when your hand is held your entire life.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a shame. He could have put away 5% of his career earnings and lived extremely comfortably off interest for a number of lifetimes.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Totally fake. I mean the guy just signed a bunch of cards for the release of immaculate. He is getting paid somewhere along the lines to keep afloat. If this was Derrick Coleman or Antoine Walker, it would be more believable.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I'll bet Panini ponied up some cash to get him to sign for the're 2 latest releases, Immaculate and Flawless. The Immaculate cards are on fire, and I'm sure the Flawless will be also.

Members online