Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Art Revolution Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
A new batch of Art Revolution cards is currently up on ebay; previously some were listed in the Spring. I think the seller is the same as last time too. Here's a link to the Olerud, which also shows some others.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121438392212&alt=web

I find it strange that there's no licensing info on the cards. Also there are supposedly "@only 2 made@" of each card (as the seller declares in the title). The last time the cards were marked /3. I did bid on an Olerud last time, but didn't want to go much above the opening bid so I lost out. Something seems not quite right about these, so I'll likely pass this time.

What do you think? Anyone buying these?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
A new batch of Art Revolution cards is currently up on ebay; previously some were listed in the Spring. I think the seller is the same as last time too. Here's a link to the Olerud, which also shows some others.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121438392212&alt=web

I find it strange that there's no licensing info on the cards. Also there are supposedly "@only 2 made@" of each card (as the seller declares in the title). The last time the cards were marked /3. I did bid on an Olerud last time, but didn't want to go much above the opening bid so I lost out. Something seems not quite right about these, so I'll likely pass this time.

What do you think? Anyone buying these?

Never seen them before. Looks like a homemade card.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
They're pretty obviously customs, like so many other cards that are pushed as "art". Eventually MLBP will get around to policing their license again and sue the crap out of these people like they did with Rob Broder back in the late 80s.

I like some of them, but can't justify the expense given that there are so many officialy licensed cards I still need.

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The auction description led me to believe they were magazine inserts, which would have given the cards a little credability. A quick Google search didn't turn up anything useful about an "All Sports Magazine". I do like the artwork and front designs, but not enough to pay ten bucks for a homemade card.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'd buy customs of my guys if they looked nice enough. I'd pass on these though, nothing creative

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
One other thing to look at as well, the seller is in Canada so he might not cause himself a whole lot of attention.

Here is a Mantle custom I made. I've had several offers to make prints and sell them at $20 a pop.

mantleretrosmall.jpg

Fordman

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1410997401.557569.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1410997430.207028.jpg

One of the only customs I have bought , I thought the layout was nice enough to add for a few bucks

Ryan

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I will pay a few bucks for these types of cards if they are nice. Maybe more if it is a really nice one. The Millhouse tobacco card guy(s) are ruining it though. They are making cards #'d to 3, but they just keep churning out more cards with different "set" numbers and slightly different poses and border designs. They are selling 3-4 of each player at a time for $4.50 BIN w/ free shipping. That is $13-18 a pop and endless money for the seller and they are considered cheap enough for most player collectors to say "what the heck, it's only $4.50, I'll take all three or four".

The Garvey sold for around $30 last time and I expect the other one of 2 to sell (if it gets listed) for opening bid price or maybe a little better because the new big hitter got his copy already.

Members online

Latest posts