Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JETER GATORADE VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I have to admit that this year has been a bit of a Jeter over dose but seeing that video and walking in the same path, going to Stan's, the Bronx in general. That video was awesome!
Maybe it has not hit me yet that this guy will be gone but its true, he did it his way!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have to admit that this year has been a bit of a Jeter over dose but seeing that video and walking in the same path, going to Stan's, the Bronx in general. That video was awesome!
Maybe it has not hit me yet that this guy will be gone but its true, he did it his way!

My dad when he was alive said JoeD was the best player he ever seen. Jeter didn't hit the long ball, wasn't real fast, wasn't the best player tool wise.
but for me watching him all this time he was the best ive seen.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
My dad when he was alive said JoeD was the best player he ever seen. Jeter didn't hit the long ball, wasn't real fast, wasn't the best player tool wise.
but for me watching him all this time he was the best ive seen.

You're right.....were his skills the "greatest"? Nah. BUT he brought more to the game than just playing skills.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Sorry, but have to do it. The greatest you have seen? Really? He has been damn good, HOF good, Top five SS of all time "great". But he certainly is NOT the best player of the last 30 years, and I would say it isn't even close. Lets start with Barry Bonds, A-rod, Rickey, Schmidt, Pujols, Ripken, Chipper, Brett, Boggs, Ken Griffey Jr., Jeff Bagwell, Adrian Beltre, Robin Yount, Ozzie Smith, Frank Thomas, Paul Molitor, Jim Thome, Larry Walker. Pitchers - Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Nolan Ryan, Mike Mussina, Curt Schilling.

I am not one who things that WAR is the end all be all stat, but all of these players have a higher career WAR than Derek Jeter. Are they all better than him? Nope, but I would take at least 10 over Jeter without blinking an eye.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Sorry, but have to do it. The greatest you have seen? Really? He has been damn good, HOF good, Top five SS of all time "great". But he certainly is NOT the best player of the last 30 years, and I would say it isn't even close. Lets start with Barry Bonds, A-rod, Rickey, Schmidt, Pujols, Ripken, Chipper, Brett, Boggs, Ken Griffey Jr., Jeff Bagwell, Adrian Beltre, Robin Yount, Ozzie Smith, Frank Thomas, Paul Molitor, Jim Thome, Larry Walker. Pitchers - Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Nolan Ryan, Mike Mussina, Curt Schilling.

I am not one who things that WAR is the end all be all stat, but all of these players have a higher career WAR than Derek Jeter. Are they all better than him? Nope, but I would take at least 10 over Jeter without blinking an eye.

I think if you read my post you would see i am agreeing with you. Sorry but your not in charge of what my opininon is.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Members online