Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lucroy and Brantley both setting records over the weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Jonathan Lucroy passes Ivan Rodriguez with his 46th double as a catcher, setting the all time record. His 53 overall doubles make him tied for 30th all time in a single season. (Tied with the likes of Musial, Speaker, Mattingly, Waner, Simmons, etc..)

Michael Brantley who is having a career year to say the least is now the only player in franchise history to have 200 hits, 40 doubles, 20 HR, and 20 SB in a single season. Hopefully this guy gets some MVP votes for the season he has had. He is 3 RBI shy of 100, so let's all root for him to have a big game today! He is also very tough to strike out, striking out in only 9.1% of his at bats...only 1.1% off from the contact master Mr. Jose Altuve.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Trout will probably win AL MVP, but Brantley is just as good or better in almost every category besides home runs.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Trout will probably win AL MVP, but Brantley is just as good or better in almost every category besides home runs.

It bothers me a little that the AL MVP will lead the league in K's this year. Obviously the numbers are there, but that just bothers me. Idk what his stats across the board are playing on the Astros, but Altuve should get some MVP love with his avg ad SBs this season (Trout will certainly win).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've been eyeing Brantley. He's had a hell of season.

As for Altuve, if he ends up leading in steals, average, and hits, Trout should have no shot. But sadly he will.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Altuve over Trout? Huh?

Trout leads the League in WAR, Offensive War, 3rd in HR, 3rd in SLugging, 7th in OBP (over Altuve even though altuve has a significantly higher avg), 3rd in OPS, 1st in runs scored, 1st in total bases, 6th in doubles, 2nd in triples, 3rd in HR, 1st in RBI, 4th in walks, 1st in runs created.

Altuve, though I think what he has done is impressive, 167 of his hits are SINGLES. He also is second in the league in At bats because he DOESN'T WALK. Though he leads the league in hits and hatting average, Trout has a higher OBP. Sorry, a singles hitter, who doesn't walk, on a crappy team is not in the top 3. Done.....

Members online

Latest posts