Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Ebay ID no longer exists?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
When I tried to check Ebay this evening it told me my login information was incorrect. I tried using the "I forgot my password" feature and it told me that neither my email address nor my user id (olerud363) were registered with Ebay. I'm trying to contact their customer service, but it seems you can't unless you're logged in to your account. I can't find a general inquiries email address.

My first fear is that my account has been compromised. Anyone ever have this happen? What would cause this?

Last edited:

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I don't know what would cause it but I would change paypal passwords immediately if you had them linked. You can create a new account then contact the ebay CS shortly after and explain the situation.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Just tried to login again and now everything seems fine. I still changed my ebay and PayPal passwords just in case. I don't see anything on ebay.ca about intermittent outages due to maintenance like ebay.com had yesterday. Weird.

Members online