Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Anyone elses players drying up? There are hardly any Harpers on Ebay anymore.

Also ticked because i bought a pipes on 22 Feb and its marked as shipped with a tracking number but there is no tracking. :/

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Also ticked because i bought a pipes on 22 Feb and its marked as shipped with a tracking number but there is no tracking. :/
I knew better than to wait on Belle... like most releases, it is a flood at the start and then they dry up quick. I am lucky to have now every Belle card from the release, including 1/1s.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
The nicer Goldy's are few and far between now...wish I had picked up one of the Red autographs when they were around.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I tried to avoid them honestly as I wasn't excited about any of the players selected to represent Milwaukee. Then I grabbed a Gold Jean Segura on the cheap just to see one in hand. Now I am filled with regret but I got a Red on the way :)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Knowing Topps I'd be shocked if it didn't return. If something is well received they will definitely shove it down our throats in weird and twisted ways until it is fundamentally nothing like what we enjoyed in the first place and then we hate it but continue to buy it for 6 more years

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
I would expect it to be back for 2015. As an offshoot of what [MENTION=2212]Brewer Andy[/MENTION] said above, I expect that they will ruin the product in its 2nd year, as they usually do with a popular new product.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I tried to avoid them honestly as I wasn't excited about any of the players selected to represent Milwaukee. Then I grabbed a Gold Jean Segura on the cheap just to see one in hand. Now I am filled with regret but I got a Red on the way :)

Same here. Finally the Padres have players worth collecting this year...

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Is there any confirmation yet as to the number of stripes made? Guesses were 5/ to /10. I think by now if it were 10 people would know. Maybe I missed it but if someone knows, let me know please.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
Yeah it is getting dry. I passed on some in December that I thought were too high at the time...kicking myself now. Also would have gone after the Tektonics insert if I had known how nice they looked!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I say 10 if those are my two options.
I'm looking for that one player collector to say they in fact saw more than 5 of their player. The only thing close I saw someone say they saw at least 5 but could not say for sure one was re-listed or resold.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm looking for that one player collector to say they in fact saw more than 5 of their player. The only thing close I saw someone say they saw at least 5 but could not say for sure one was re-listed or resold.

How could anyone ever say a card was not resold? If you're wanting conclusive proof beyond any doubt I guess you'll have to find a hoarder or a player collector community like juangone.com (only two showing to save you a trip).

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
The shatter stripes I would guess at 5. I mean still two Gwynns unless a ton of people holding them. Only 1 of 5 of the blue also surfaced

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

makes sense there could be drying up. I have seen videos/posts of lots of boxes busted, I even busted one box, and I did a price check on a box after seeing this drying up comment and the box prices have increased about $10-15 from where I bought mine or they are out of stock, It appears Tek is popular enough that decreasing supply is increasing box prices instead of the normal secondary market activity you see from a release after some time has passed.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I have all 14 Gwynns. Any real offers. I have doubles as well but I would be giving up blue and shatter. My of 25 is his jersey number aswell. 19/25

Members online