Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Ha! I was bidding against you. How about that Gwynn?! His is one of those that has barely surfaced, and because of his following... kablooie!

haha... I really didn't want the Biggio but I bidded it up to see what your max bid was. I knew I wanted the Tulo but was keeping my bid secret until sniping time - glad you went same price on both cards. Only Tulo Shatter Stripe I've seen hit the market since 2014 Tek release.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
haha... I really didn't want the Biggio but I bidded it up to see what your max bid was. I knew I wanted the Tulo but was keeping my bid secret until sniping time - glad you went same price on both cards. Only Tulo Shatter Stripe I've seen hit the market since 2014 Tek release.

Looks like we may have some competition then because I don't think my snipes were even recognized. So there was at least one more person bidding on them other than us.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Looks like we may have some competition then because I don't think my snipes were even recognized. So there was at least one more person bidding on them other than us.

I have all my Rockies Shatter Stripes now (Tulo, Cargo, Eddie Butler) so I'm out of that game. I'm actually surprised these sell as cheap as they do. Maybe they need to age some before people realize the scarcity of them.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Landed a big fish

attachment.php

This went for $317. The BGS 10 Red Storm went for $240. The BGS 9.5 Blue Dots went for $232.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I still collect it - but I only need a few cards to finish up player rainbows. I'm always in the hunt for blues /5 and reds /10 of my players. They just don't pop up anymore!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
That's why I love this set. There are still variations that have yet to show on ebay or maybe at least not since release. Some of the rarest are just plain not going to be available anytime soon because they are stashed away in player collections. Once that Tony Gwynn Shatter Stripe surfaced it went for triple digits, for example.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
That's why I love this set. There are still variations that have yet to show on ebay or maybe at least not since release. Some of the rarest are just plain not going to be available anytime soon because they are stashed away in player collections. Once that Tony Gwynn Shatter Stripe surfaced it went for triple digits, for example.

Shatter Stripes are very under rated and rare. General consensus for these from 2014 is only 5 per player.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I still need a couple Alomar cards from this set to complete the (non-1/1) rainbow, but after reading back about 10 pages in this thread, I'm much less optimistic about them ever showing up. Seems like all the really rare stuff is unobtanium at this point! But I'm going to throw it out there anyway - does anyone have, or have a lead on, stripes or red storm auto cards for Alomar??

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I still need a couple Alomar cards from this set to complete the (non-1/1) rainbow, but after reading back about 10 pages in this thread, I'm much less optimistic about them ever showing up. Seems like all the really rare stuff is unobtanium at this point! But I'm going to throw it out there anyway - does anyone have, or have a lead on, stripes or red storm auto cards for Alomar??

I remember seeing a couple Stripes of Alomar. It was within six months of release, I'd say. It seemed like one or two bounced around on ebay, and I swear there was one on sportlots. Not sure about the Red Storm Auto as I don't pay much attention to autos.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I remember seeing a couple Stripes of Alomar. It was within six months of release, I'd say. It seemed like one or two bounced around on ebay, and I swear there was one on sportlots. Not sure about the Red Storm Auto as I don't pay much attention to autos.

Yeah me too. I remember half-heartedly bidding on both those when I saw them on ebay. But I had just gotten back into collecting in late 2014 / early 2015 so unfortunately I didn't realize how rare the stripes were at the time, and didn't feel like spending $ on an autograph issue /10. Curses! That has caused me to perform many open-hand forehead slaps since.

Members online

No members online now.