Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
mr @onionring9 hasnt seen it yet

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAll!

No way! I've never pulled a card of any player #'d under 50 and that was in the break?!??!? How cool is that! Andrew, you are now officially my source for all things gambling!

I can't believe this.

*Edit first box break I've been part of too, unreal!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAll!

No way! I've never pulled a card of any player #'d under 50 and that was in the break?!??!? How cool is that! Andrew, you are now officially my source for all things gambling!

I can't believe this.

*Edit first box break I've been part of too, unreal!

Cool card, you should really get excited about it tho ;) of course I kid, congrats

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
First break I've joined in a long time....this product has piqued my interest. Something no other product has done since National Treasures Baseball '12.

I love that they are making buyers do their homework. The non-serial number idea is great. It forces buyers to pay what they think the card is worth to them, not what other parallels of that same number have sold for in the past.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Born/raised in Cleveland, OH, so that is where it originated. Moved to Texas over 5 years ago, so haven't been here too long. Actually spent a few years in Boston too before moving to Dallas, so I've been around but Texas is now home for sure. Love it here.

Awesome, my brother graduated from North Texas and masters at Texas at Arlington. I loved watching Indians back then, I mean 11-10 every game in Fenway sick, sick , sick.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Yeah so far prices way high for Gwynn I got a gold for $8 shipped and everything else couple guys going mad so I'll have to wait and get what i can get later. Good luck on Randy.

I don't think I have refreshed an eBay search so many times during a new release day for any other product so far this year. I feel pretty confident I know what the market for RJ cards is, and how to wait out inserts/parallels and what the price points are for autos. But when you get a set that the dreaded 'builders' are likely to chomp into, things get murky. This happened with the Finest Greats autos when people started going after BGS10 gold sets & such where prices get much higher & supply runs out very quickly. Praying for more low BIN prices that I've seen out there today, before people starting getting these in hand & decide to pony up for sets, etc. I've only managed to pick up a gold /99 diffractor so far for $10 which based on other /99 cards from '14 releases is an amazing day 1 price. Just need more opportunities like that on some of the rarer red/blue parallels.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I don't like that most of the parallels all use the spirals or wave background pattern. I swear the clouds and disco effects may have looked better with a plain background or none at all. Plus some of the groovy base patterns don't get any parallel at all.

Exactly, the clouds /25 would have been perfect without the bg pattern.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK

When I looked in ended auctions his Omar showed as best offer accepted and it was between 2 cards that lead me to believe that he sold it for around $2700.

It shows differently now, closer to $1500. Ebay has changed something to where ended auctions show up in closed searches immediately but BO prices still take awhile to update when sorting by price.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
When I looked in ended auctions his Omar showed as best offer accepted and it was between 2 cards that lead me to believe that he sold it for around $2700.

It shows differently now, closer to $1500. Ebay has changed something to where ended auctions show up in closed searches immediately but BO prices still take awhile to update when sorting by price.

Do you use the "print" feature for the BO ended prices?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've been missing out because my phone has been loading at the slowest speed possible. Eventually I need to join the rest of y'all and use gixen. This blows! Two auctions I missed out on! Damn!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
mr [MENTION=1983]onionring9[/MENTION] hasnt seen it yet

That's a picture of my Johnson in the middle. :p
attachment.php

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
It will fun to see who can get closest to completing their players run. Way too many 1/1's to get them all but it would be see if someone can complete it.

Members online

Latest posts