Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm still not quite convinced that Cardboard Connection has the rarities right. Sure are a lot of Zig Zags for them to be the rarest. Or maybe the rarest just aren't quite that rare.

And despite one seller ridiculously suggesting they may be 1/1s, there is confirmation there are more than one zig zag for each NL player. (Two active Kershaws)

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I'm still not quite convinced that Cardboard Connection has the rarities right. Sure are a lot of Zig Zags for them to be the rarest. Or maybe the rarest just aren't quite that rare.

And despite one seller ridiculously suggesting they may be 1/1s, there is confirmation there are more than one zig zag for each NL player. (Two active Kershaws)

Yeah I'm not sure that Cardboard Connection has it right either, but that's what makes this product kind of fun to me is that you have some numbered cards that are limited and you have some other limited cards that aren't numbered and you kind of have to guess at how limited they are. I'm pretty sure they're not as limited as some of the guesses out there but that hasn't stopped me from going on a buying rampage on some of these. I'm actually pretty excited about this set, It's weird I thought Tek was pretty dumb and expensive the first time around but I'm kind of liking it this time. I guess it helps that the old tek cards have grown on me a bit. It does seem that a ton of cards are hitting ebay, I think it's kind of a tough time for the hobby to absorb all these cards at once in the middle of winter right before Christmas. Thoughts?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
imgLoading_30x30.gif
$_12.JPG

My hit from 4 boxes 1/15
Mouse over to Zoom
-
Click to enlarge

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think the most disappointing think about this release is that having different base background patterns for AL/NL means the low numbered color parallels look AMAZING for AL teams, and NL you can't see the sparkle hardly at all due to the more solid design. Really sucks to be honest, lessens my likelihood to go heavy after them.

AL [sweet] Wave......................NL [bleh] Spiral Bricks
blue1.jpgblue2.jpg

charcoal1.jpgcharcoal2.jpg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Technician Autographs are 1:238 packs & there are 10 subjects #/10 = 100 cards.

Buyback Autos are 1:158 packs & there are 12 subjects which means there should be around 150 cards, so about 12 of each player if they are evenly distributed.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Technician Autographs are 1:238 packs & there are 10 subjects #/10 = 100 cards.

Buyback Autos are 1:158 packs & there are 12 subjects which means there should be around 150 cards, so about 12 of each player if they are evenly distributed.

Pulled a technician Thomas today. Such awesome looking cards

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm just doing superficial searches, but is it possible that AL vs NL print runs are not equivalent? Those AL Stripes seem to be extremely rare with no NL pattern coming close while there are plenty of Zig Zags, Shatter Stripes, and Pipes (all NL) out there. I think I've now seen three Posey Zig Zags for those trying to figure out this print run.

*EDIT - oops, my search was with stripe instead of stripes - more out there than I thought.

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Cespedes was traded how long ago? And they have him in an A's uniform? If this product just came out, why arent they in their current, or at least second half uni's?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts