Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
I have majority of Cal Ripken patterns available if anyone needs any please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Finished this set a little while back but just got around to scanning it. It's not the normal Tek most of you are posting, which is great stuff, but I think it technically fits into this thread. Even though the 2015 set is there too :razz:

U8aY09M.jpg

amYPxLr.jpg

fCM6mC0.jpg

fzQ03DN.jpg

sbj4aba.jpg

u6CGeJM.jpg

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey that Low Tek set is really cool. I had not seen them all together before. I like that card design a lot, very clean and attractive.

Thanks! I was really drawn to the set because of the design, and it helps there's so many great names peppered in there. I was sad to see they dropped it after 2015 as it would have been a great set to continue.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Thanks! I was really drawn to the set because of the design, and it helps there's so many great names peppered in there. I was sad to see they dropped it after 2015 as it would have been a great set to continue.

And some cool serial numbers too including Griffey's jersey number.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
FINALLY. It's been over four months and I finally have a couple more 2014 Tek coming in. Man, this stuff has dried up. It's either in collections, has run its course in the marketplace, or those cards that are out there are unreasonably priced.

Also of note, I think we're getting down to the final months of their redemptions being redeemable.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Not a high end card, but can be hard to find. I just happened to be looking on Amazon to see what they had and I saw this.

attachment.php

Awesome! That is the only pattern for the "base" that I still need for 2014.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Got my COMC order in yesterday. Only one 2014 Tek card :(

But it's a nice one:

attachment.php

Sweet! Y'all are killing it. Any ideas of what the production #s are on the '14 circuit boards? Maybe I don't wanna know, LOL.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sweet! Y'all are killing it. Any ideas of what the production #s are on the '14 circuit boards? Maybe I don't wanna know, LOL.

See... this is the beauty of 2014 Tek that I don't feel exists with the later versions. We are still contemplating these things three years later. They created their own mystique. Allegedly supposedly the Large Shatter is supposed to be rarer than the Circuit Board. But I'm not so sure. Circuit Board has been far more popular than Large Shatter I think just because it looks cool and people assume it's rarer? But even aside from that it seems to be harder to find. Truly, we will never know and that's kinda cool.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
See... this is the beauty of 2014 Tek that I don't feel exists with the later versions. We are still contemplating these things three years later. They created their own mystique. Allegedly supposedly the Large Shatter is supposed to be rarer than the Circuit Board. But I'm not so sure. Circuit Board has been far more popular than Large Shatter I think just because it looks cool and people assume it's rarer? But even aside from that it seems to be harder to find. Truly, we will never know and that's kinda cool.

I think I've only seen one for sale. Hopefully one will come my way!

Members online

Latest posts