Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990's Braves Lykes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Nice stuff tenballer. That proof sheet is really cool. Rare to see for a regional issue. You are correct, the others in your picture are the 1995s.

I am trying to flush out the 1995 Standard and now the 1997 Bryan cards as well for McGriff. Also, looking for the AJC 8.5x11 cards for McGriff. I know Maddux, Glavine and Justice collectors looking for pretty much the same issues. I will add you to my list for Chipper if I ever run across them.

My current goal with my McGriff PC is to get all of the regional issues by the end of the year. The only problem is that he has 6 different regions. :D

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
Nice stuff tenballer. That proof sheet is really cool. Rare to see for a regional issue. You are correct, the others in your picture are the 1995s.

I am trying to flush out the 1995 Standard and now the 1997 Bryan cards as well for McGriff. Also, looking for the AJC 8.5x11 cards for McGriff. I know Maddux, Glavine and Justice collectors looking for pretty much the same issues. I will add you to my list for Chipper if I ever run across them.

My current goal with my McGriff PC is to get all of the regional issues by the end of the year. The only problem is that he has 6 different regions. :D
Thanks, I'm always interested in more chipper stuff like this. I've got more minor league stuff, but not sure what McGriff is in. Let me know what you are after and I can see if I have it or know where some might be.

Do you have a photo of the 95 uncut?

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I love regional stuff. I have a ton of it in my chipper collection.

nice stuff. I too love the oddball and regional issues. Thanks for posting the 98 Bryan perforated sheet. That's the first time I'very seen that year. The proof sheet is amazing. That's the first time i've any regional Braves proof material. Should I come across the 97 sheet, i'll let you know. BTW, do you have want list for your chipper pc?

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Thanks, I'm always interested in more chipper stuff like this. I've got more minor league stuff, but not sure what McGriff is in. Let me know what you are after and I can see if I have it or know where some might be.

Do you have a photo of the 95 uncut?

At one point I had the whole sheet for the 1995 perforated. I no longer have that and I am not sure if I have a picture of it but I will check and see.

For McGriff's days in Atlanta, I am looking for

1995 Lykes Standard
1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
1997 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
1997 Bryan Perforated
1997 Bryan Standard

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
nice stuff. I too love the oddball and regional issues. Thanks for posting the 98 Bryan perforated sheet. That's the first time I'very seen that year. The proof sheet is amazing. That's the first time i've any regional Braves proof material. Should I come across the 97 sheet, i'll let you know. BTW, do you have want list for your chipper pc?
I do have a list, pm me your email and I can send it over. Thanks
I do 90s only and I think I need 100 or so cards and plates. That's based off of the Beckett checklist. Of course I know there's other cards not listed.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
At one point I had the whole sheet for the 1995 perforated. I no longer have that and I am not sure if I have a picture of it but I will check and see.

For McGriff's days in Atlanta, I am looking for

1995 Lykes Standard
1997 Bryan Perforated
1997 Bryan Standard
Ok thanks. I'll look back to see where I got my AJC Jumbos. I couldn't find them for the longest time then I came across a big stash. I bought all the Chippers I could.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Time to resurrect this thread. I haven't been able to make much headway on the McGriff Braves regional issues that I am still looking for. I know there are Maddux, Justice, Glavine and Chipper collectors looking for cards in these same issues so hopefully something will turn up for one of us.

I am still looking for the following McGriff cards. Any leads would be appreciated.

1995 Lykes Standard
1997 Bryan Perforated
1997 Bryan Standard

Verdammt

Feb 4, 2014
Wichita, KS
Time to resurrect this thread. I haven't been able to make much headway on the McGriff Braves regional issues that I am still looking for. I know there are Maddux, Justice, Glavine and Chipper collectors looking for cards in these same issues so hopefully something will turn up for one of us.

I am still looking for the following McGriff cards. Any leads would be appreciated.

1995 Lykes Standard
1997 Bryan Perforated
1997 Bryan Standard

Wasn't aware of some of these issues, but definitely looking for Glavines.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Wasn't aware of some of these issues, but definitely looking for Glavines.

I will let you know if I come across Glavine in any of these issues. I know there are Justice, Chipper and Maddux collectors looking for these regionals as well. Oddly enough, I finally tracked down the 1995 Lykes Standard McGriff this week. That was the last card I needed in the Lykes run. Now, if I could just track down the 1997 Bryan issue I would have all of the Hot Dog cards.

Lykes.png

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
1992 lykes Braves team photo set:
When Lykes meals was awarded the Braves hot dog contract for 1992 the continued the previous years baseball card promotions. Including this early May team photo/players card panels. three 9 1/2 by 10 1/2 panels feature a team photo and 30 player cards. The cards have player portraits against blue back round in a tombstone shape.A blue ball at the lower left has the players uniform number. while his name is in white in a red strip below the photo. red logos of the team and hot dog vender are at the bottom. Backs are printed in red and dark blue and feature full stats, player data and faceimile autograph. These cards are much more common than the Lykes singles distributed later in the season.

Fred McGriff (not in this set)

1992 Lykes Braves
Fred McGriff not in this set

1993 Lykes braves : Each Tuesday home game during the 1993 season 3 player cards were distributed to youngsters, sponsored by the teams hot dog vendor. this style of distribution makes collecting a complete 38-card set very difficult. The final Tuesdays handouts (Lopez, McGriff,and tarasco) have slightly different backs printing and are somewhat more scarcer than others
Fred McGriff $!.00

1994 Lykes Braves
Fred McGriff $6.00

1994 Lykes Breaves team photo set
Fred McGriff .25 cents

1995 Lykes Braves
Fred McGriff .25 cents

1995 Lykes braves team photo set
Fred McGriff .10 cents

1996 Lykes Braves team photo set
Fred McGriff .10 cents

Verdammt

Feb 4, 2014
Wichita, KS
I will let you know if I come across Glavine in any of these issues. I know there are Justice, Chipper and Maddux collectors looking for these regionals as well. Oddly enough, I finally tracked down the 1995 Lykes Standard McGriff this week. That was the last card I needed in the Lykes run. Now, if I could just track down the 1997 Bryan issue I would have all of the Hot Dog cards.

View attachment 78401
I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you very much.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

View attachment 78401
Congrats on the addition!

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Congrats on the addition!

Thanks! It was an interesting find. Buried in a collection for sale on Craigslist. The post had a listing for 1 1995 Braves Lykes in the collection but did not mention the player. I contacted the seller asking for more info and it turned out to be McGriff standard. He sold me the card outside of the collection. First time I have ever bought a card of Craigslist.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks! It was an interesting find. Buried in a collection for sale on Craigslist. The post had a listing for 1 1995 Braves Lykes in the collection but did not mention the player. I contacted the seller asking for more info and it turned out to be McGriff standard. He sold me the card outside of the collection. First time I have ever bought a card of Craigslist.
Wow, tough way to find it. Glad it worked out. I have never bought cards on there either.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Finally tracked down the 1997 Atlanta Journal Constitution Jumbo 8 1/2 x 11. I am down to three Braves regional issues that I would really like to get knocked out. If anyone has any of these please let me know.

1994 Atlanta Journal Constitution Jumbo
1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution Jumbo
1997 Bryan Hot Dogs

3461_new1.jpg

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
Finally found the 1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution Jumbo 8 1/2 x 11. That finishes my AJC run. FF8157B8-FBEA-4DBF-AD37-341699BCA916.jpeg

The last Braves regional issue I need is the 1997 Bryan Hot Dogs Braves. If anyone has this card or any information about this release please let me know.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
What a thing of beauty of that is! Congrats!

Finally found the 1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution Jumbo 8 1/2 x 11. That finishes my AJC run.

The last Braves regional issue I need is the 1997 Bryan Hot Dogs Braves. If anyone has this card or any information about this release please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts