Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Can't tell what issue this was

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-Braves-L...p2047675.l2557

Item location DeLand Florida so it was probably @sierra79
    That's funny! Yeah, I sold that lot and Khillyard was the winning bidder. I purchased lots and sets for the Maddux cards. This one contained '02, '03 bryan braves perforated along with several perforated lykes issues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra79 View Post
    If I ever come across it, I'll gladly send the McGriff to you. Also, just out of curiosity do you have the Bryan Braves 1997 perorated or standard cards? Until a week ago, I didn't even know they were produced in '97.
    I will do the same with the Maddux and send it to you if I ever find it. I was not aware that there was a 97 Bryan perforated. I knew there were Bryan sets in 1998 - 2002 or 03 but McGriff was already out of Atlanta by then. Do you by any chance have a pick of what the 97 Bryans look like. Being that this is the first we are hearing of them, I'm guessing that they are going to be just as hard to track down as the 1995 Lykes Standards.

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khillyard View Post
    I will do the same with the Maddux and send it to you if I ever find it. I was not aware that there was a 97 Bryan perforated. I knew there were Bryan sets in 1998 - 2002 or 03 but McGriff was already out of Atlanta by then. Do you by any chance have a pick of what the 97 Bryans look like. Being that this is the first we are hearing of them, I'm guessing that they are going to be just as hard to track down as the 1995 Lykes Standards.
    After searching Worthpoint I came across this perforated set. I was really shocked to see that this existed especially since the 2011 SCD standard catalogue specifically states that there was a year break between Lykes and Bryan when no hot dog vendor cards were produced. Finding this killed that theory. The McGriff is right next to the glare in the photo. I have no doubt that there is a sister standard set out there as well, but nothing to confirm it as of yet. Here is the link to the 1997 Bryan Braves perforated set:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ryan-426998338

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I love regional stuff. I have a ton of it in my chipper collection. If anyone has that 97 Bryan sheet I'd be interested. I have a 98.

I'll get my pics later.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    94 lykes cards, fold out sheet and a proof. The framed sheet is one of my favorite buys but cracked in shipment.

I believe the others in this pic are 95. I've never seen a sheet so I don't know for sure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff tenballer. That proof sheet is really cool. Rare to see for a regional issue. You are correct, the others in your picture are the 1995s.

I am trying to flush out the 1995 Standard and now the 1997 Bryan cards as well for McGriff. Also, looking for the AJC 8.5x11 cards for McGriff. I know Maddux, Glavine and Justice collectors looking for pretty much the same issues. I will add you to my list for Chipper if I ever run across them.

My current goal with my McGriff PC is to get all of the regional issues by the end of the year. The only problem is that he has 6 different regions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff tenballer. That proof sheet is really cool. Rare to see for a regional issue. You are correct, the others in your picture are the 1995s.

I am trying to flush out the 1995 Standard and now the 1997 Bryan cards as well for McGriff. Also, looking for the AJC 8.5x11 cards for McGriff. I know Maddux, Glavine and Justice collectors looking for pretty much the same issues. I will add you to my list for Chipper if I ever run across them.

My current goal with my McGriff PC is to get all of the regional issues by the end of the year. The only problem is that he has 6 different regions.
    Thanks, I'm always interested in more chipper stuff like this. I've got more minor league stuff, but not sure what McGriff is in. Let me know what you are after and I can see if I have it or know where some might be.

Do you have a photo of the 95 uncut?

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenballer View Post
    I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I love regional stuff. I have a ton of it in my chipper collection.
    nice stuff. I too love the oddball and regional issues. Thanks for posting the 98 Bryan perforated sheet. That's the first time I'very seen that year. The proof sheet is amazing. That's the first time i've any regional Braves proof material. Should I come across the 97 sheet, i'll let you know. BTW, do you have want list for your chipper pc?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'm always interested in more chipper stuff like this. I've got more minor league stuff, but not sure what McGriff is in. Let me know what you are after and I can see if I have it or know where some might be.

Do you have a photo of the 95 uncut?

At one point I had the whole sheet for the 1995 perforated. I no longer have that and I am not sure if I have a picture of it but I will check and see.

For McGriff's days in Atlanta, I am looking for

1995 Lykes Standard
    1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
    1997 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
    1997 Bryan Perforated
    1997 Bryan Standard

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra79 View Post
    nice stuff. I too love the oddball and regional issues. Thanks for posting the 98 Bryan perforated sheet. That's the first time I'very seen that year. The proof sheet is amazing. That's the first time i've any regional Braves proof material. Should I come across the 97 sheet, i'll let you know. BTW, do you have want list for your chipper pc?
    I do have a list, pm me your email and I can send it over. Thanks
    I do 90s only and I think I need 100 or so cards and plates. That's based off of the Beckett checklist. Of course I know there's other cards not listed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point I had the whole sheet for the 1995 perforated. I no longer have that and I am not sure if I have a picture of it but I will check and see.

For McGriff's days in Atlanta, I am looking for

1995 Lykes Standard
    1996 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
    1997 Atlanta Journal Constitution 8 1/2 x 11
    1997 Bryan Perforated
    1997 Bryan Standard
    Ok thanks. I'll look back to see where I got my AJC Jumbos. I couldn't find them for the longest time then I came across a big stash. I bought all the Chippers I could.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I'll look back to see where I got my AJC Jumbos. I couldn't find them for the longest time then I came across a big stash. I bought all the Chippers I could.

Any leads would be great! Thank you for taking a look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12