Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Video of Oscar Taveras MINUTES before he died...drinking & driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
One, you can't say that's a beer. You can only see a bottle.

Two, the police said that heavy rain played a part in the accident.

I'm not saying that he wasn't drinking. I hope he wasn't, but he could have been.

But it's clearly sunny in this video. Doesn't look like it's raining.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
No way to really tell when that video is from either right? Unless I missed something, could've been that night, or a week before, or who knows, and like Sam said, who knows what the bottle actually is also, a lot of variable we won't know until the official report comes out

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
No way to really tell when that video is from either right? Unless I missed something, could've been that night, or a week before, or who knows, and like Sam said, who knows what the bottle actually is also, a lot of variable we won't know until the official report comes out

AND I'm presuming nobody here knows the alcohol laws of the area either. Maybe it's not illegal to drink or drive there, or have open containers in the vehicle. There are states in this country that allow open containers in vehicles as long as the driver isn't drinking. I personally don't know the container, age, or drinking and driving laws of where he is from.

What in saying basically is, people shouldn't jump to stupid conclusions from a couple seconds long video where you cannot see anything.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Immaturity probably played the biggest factor in the accident (not Taveras fault, we all have immature indiscretions). Speeding I'm sure had something to do with it - usually drinking does as well, though not always so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Just such a shame when things happen in such an extreme way that you can't ever learn from your mistakes.

Andrian32

Jun 1, 2015
Even I agree that immaturity was one of important factors for the crash. Taveras should learn from his mistakes now. When I worked with a DUI lawyer, I saw a similar case and outcome of that was entirely different. I must say he is quite lucky and must acknowledge this fact by not repeating this mistake ever again.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Even I agree that immaturity was one of important factors for the crash. Taveras should learn from his mistakes now. When I worked with a DUI lawyer, I saw a similar case and outcome of that was entirely different. I must say he is quite lucky and must acknowledge this fact by not repeating this mistake ever again.

Ummmmmm.... You are aware that he died right?! Is this a spam post or are you serious?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Lost in all of this was the death of the girl who was basically murdered by his actions

for those who think he may not have been drunk and that is a gatorade in his lap

On November 11, press releases confirmed that his blood alcohol content was 0.287, nearly six times the Dominican Republic legal limit.[49

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
For that being his 1st post, he should just be insta-banned. Spammer and a spammer that knows nothing about what he posts about. I'd say he gets the boot

Members online