Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Report: “there is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Giants are reported to have offered at 5/90, which he turned down. He is wanting a 7 year deal. I would pass at that level.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thought the Sox stopped doing these big contracts

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I am sort of curious to see the photo of Panda and Papi standing in the on-deck circle together, and the snarky captions the NY papers would have.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Let him go! His regular season stats aren't impressive. He has so much good will built up here Giants fans always give him a break, I dunno that Boston will.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I understand Panda wants the longer contract, but I just don't get why he'd want to leave the Giants.
He's beloved in San Francisco, will get tens of millions of dollars regardless and is an icon in that city, especially with his World Series heroics.
He says he loves it in SF, and has enough money for 10 lifetimes, so why leave?

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I'm guessing the sox have offered something like 5 years 85 and now its up to the giants to beat it. Anything close, and I'd also guess, he stays in SF.
The giants won't give him 7 years and I really doubt the sox will either. \

Sounds like the sox made their offer and he is giving the giants the chance to keep him, sounds pretty fair.

Sox have signed juan francisco as a backup option.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Giants already offered him 5 years 90, same as Pence. The local shows seemed convinced he's staying since Boston's offer wasn't thrown out by Panda's agent and he's leaving town unsigned.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Giants are out on Panda.
90% Redsox
10% jays
The Jays don't give out contracts longer than 5yrs. So, unless they go nuts on $/yr he will be in Boston.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I understand Panda wants the longer contract, but I just don't get why he'd want to leave the Giants.
He's beloved in San Francisco, will get tens of millions of dollars regardless and is an icon in that city, especially with his World Series heroics.
He says he loves it in SF, and has enough money for 10 lifetimes, so why leave?

Great points. Maybe he does not want to leave but just wants to leverage his position in the market, then go back to SF.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Giants are out on Panda.
90% Redsox
10% jays
The Jays don't give out contracts longer than 5yrs. So, unless they go nuts on $/yr he will be in Boston.

I have to agree with aarne. As a Jays fan it's frustrating that they have a self-imposed 5-year cap on contracts, but I suppose it makes sense. They're reportedly going to present their offer to Panda within 24 hours.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I hope to all hell he signs with Boston.
- I don't have to hear about friggin Panda from all the Giants fans -
- I get to hear all the Sox fans whine about an ever-expanding and quickly degrading fatty

Members online