Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC now offering auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
We do have something like that now - If you use our RSS Feature, you can save a set of search results and receive an email notification when something is added which fits the search parameters. Simply click the orange button to the left of the criteria of a completed search - your browser will do the rest.

Interesting. I will check it out. Thanks!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I can see that this thread has really expanded and I haven't read all the replies so I'll just throw my two cents out there;

COMC IMO has been successful because they target a niche of eBay and they provide clear benefits as compared to eBay's business model for their respective niche. Trying to go outside of that and set up auctions, I think we'll find that although many have complaints about eBay it really doesn't get much more efficient than the way they do things. I hope that COMC won't endanger their existing business model trying to incorporate auctions

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I was going to "reply with quote" but it looked way too messy, so I'll cut and paste your questions and add my answers here:

"as a newly registered user , i know that i have no balance in a store account....how is that funded in the beginning ? pay pal payment ? credit/debit card placed on file ? "

You can add store credit to your account via Paypal - on your COMC dashboard, there's a link that says "Purchase Store Credit". Just follow that link and you're good to go - we also accept checks and money orders, that you can mail to us and we'll deposit the money into your account when we receive the mail from you.

"you mentioned previously that if a card is submitted and is either misidentified or lacks a full ID ( a brand followed only by [???] ) that the owner should report it right away....how quick is the typical adjustment time and does the owner get a new notice that the corrections have been made ? you also noted that it's mostly new items or items from a "challenge" (no clue about that) that are still mislabeled....the items i found that were all mislabeled were mostly from 1994-1999 and even 3 months after i reported corrections they still had not been corrected...that is a cause of concern for me.... "

The fix should be applied within 24 hours, those are the expectations from management - obviously, that's not happening, but measures are being taken to get the majority of corrections (especially the old ones) done by the end of the year. That's the goal, anyways...

"better explanation.....but it does give rise to just a few more questions....can users (buyers) switch back and forth between modes ? if so , is there anything in place to prevent them all from buying in advanced mode to save the .25 fee and then instead of re-listing the items , either get them all shipped out or switch modes and then request a delivery ? and finally (i hope) if a buyer uses advanced mode and then opts to have the cards shipped , and they do not fall into the flat $3 shipping plan , what is the cost (per card or as a total shipment) ? "

Buyers can switch back and forth between modes, but it won't do them any good - the system records how each card was purchased and any cards that are purchased under "Advanced" mode will raise a flag with shipping, if/when the buyer attempts to request a shipment with that card. Raw cards have a S&H fee of $0.25, encased cards are $1.

I hope this helps...be sure to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help

very helpful and greatly appreciated.....once i find a new home and get settled in , i hope to get a package or two together to submit as a "trial run"......

Members online