Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC now offering auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
http://blog.comc.com/2014/12/12/auctions-specials/

I didn't notice when this started, but it's apparently in the initial testing phase. Gotta hand it to COMC for trying to improve.

Could this offer a real alternative to ebay? It eliminates a lot of headache for both buyers and sellers in that the cards are physically held and shipped by COMC. One downside for sellers is the lag time between submission and when an auction can go live... not the best for flipping fresh product on the day of release.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Maybe they should concentrate on getting their listings correct first before venturing out into other things. My black friday order had an incorrect card sent and all they say was sorry it was a mislabeled card.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
comc was such a great idea, at its core. I agree that it's a terrible idea to expand their service before the last "upgrade" is complete. There are still millions of mislabeled cards.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Maybe they should concentrate on getting their listings correct first before venturing out into other things. My black friday order had an incorrect card sent and all they say was sorry it was a mislabeled card.

That's weird, they usually are very helpful with stuff like that, I know we have some members here that work for COMC, maybe they could help you out

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I can't agree with this statement - there are around three millions different cards on the site - I would guess less than 5% have labeling issues based on what I have in my port.

There are still millions of mislabeled cards.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
How can the card be wrong when each card has a picture? I have only bought on COMC but have never had any issues before. I'm assuming as a seller you don't list the cards you send to them? I figured the seller would control that process.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
How can the card be wrong when each card has a picture? I have only bought on COMC but have never had any issues before. I'm assuming as a seller you don't list the cards you send to them? I figured the seller would control that process.
They control all the listing details on the site and rely on users to correct them. Prior to the beginning of this year, they were rarely incorrect. Early this year, they lost their contract with Beckett. Their response was to create their own catalog, including suggested values. There have been multiple problems with the data, which are being corrected daily. I'd guess that things are 99% correct at this point.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
They control all the listing details on the site and rely on users to correct them. Prior to the beginning of this year, they were rarely incorrect. Early this year, they lost their contract with Beckett. Their response was to create their own catalog, including suggested values. There have been multiple problems with the data, which are being corrected daily. I'd guess that things are 99% correct at this point.
I do see several cards say "Missing" where the player name typically is. Is that what you are referring to?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I do see several cards say "Missing" where the player name typically is. Is that what you are referring to?

Yep. There are still lots with missing data, not definitely not the "millions" someone mentioned earlier.

Also, a lot of cards with missing data have been filed with 2015 for the year (do a search for "2015" and you'll see), so in a recent update they said they're really pushing to correct all the data since there will soon be sets issued for 2015.

I personally hope their auction feature catches on. A lot of people seem unhappy with ebay, mostly sellers.

WaxPax

I have an Anthony Rendon card that they have listed as Anthony Recker. I reported the error months ago still has not been corrected...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
still have not bought or sold on comc , but i've browsed it quite a bit lately.....my last visit (just last week) i searched for roughly 15-16 different items from my wantlists (mostly 90's inserts and parallels).....literally EVERY ITEM was either unidentified or misidentified....most had a basic set name and then where the insert or parallel name should be was nothing more than this : [???] ......others had completely incorrect labels for the insert or parallel name.....to make matters worse , quite a few even had the wrong basic set name so it took forever to even locate the items at all....

i'd posted on the facebook page a a while back asking about reporting errors in the card ID's and was told to report it on site using the link that pops up when you mouse over a card and they would get it updated right away....i reported 3-4 items immediately....3 months later and the cards i reported are still listed as being from the wrong set and still have the [???] tag where the insert names should be....

furthermore , i still see quite a few people posting on various message boards about how they got another "comc steal" because the card was misidentified....(listed as a base/common version but has a much scarcer/pricier parallel/insert/variation pictured)....how can the site be trusted when there are still so many misidentified or unidentified cards ? i'd like to think i'm wrong , but TO ME , it tells me the site is either run or staffed by incompetent people who don't really know the product they are dealing with far too frequently....

sooo...based on my limited experience , there is NO WAY you can convince me the site is up to date OR ready to add more services....i'd love to try to do a little selling there , but i just can't justify it until they get a lot more ducks in a row....

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
agreed, the sets I am working on yield no results in the search but if I browse by year and then drill down into the sets, I can find what I'm looking for. I also see a Johnny Bench jersey card that listed as Jeremy Biel or some other random name with J.B. initials. I stopped buying there because it's such a pain in the ass to find what I'm looking for.

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
I've sold nearly 14,000 cards on the sight in the last two years. These are all cards that would otherwise be occupying shelves in my closet or garage. While the site has some issues - some cards are still missing information, processing time slowed down (though it is quickly getting better) - it is still my preferred method for selling my cards. I could not have come close to selling even 1,000 cards on eBay in the last year - just takes too long to scan and list for me. These guys do all the work and I get to sell cards that I would otherwise just have in a box in exchange for either cash or cards I actually want to own.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I've sold nearly 14,000 cards on the sight in the last two years. These are all cards that would otherwise be occupying shelves in my closet or garage. While the site has some issues - some cards are still missing information, processing time slowed down (though it is quickly getting better) - it is still my preferred method for selling my cards. I could not have come close to selling even 1,000 cards on eBay in the last year - just takes too long to scan and list for me. These guys do all the work and I get to sell cards that I would otherwise just have in a box in exchange for either cash or cards I actually want to own.
This x1

I usually can send in 200 cards or so at a time (as i'm not a huge breaker and just send in stuff I have or get for cheap.) I am usually able to sell 100+ of these in the first couple weeks for well over what I would get on ebay. And I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping, labels, etc. or NPB's.

I think it's still great even with a few issues. If you have cards that have the ??? just submit a complaint or request or whatever and they are typically very good at responding or fixing the issue.

Members online

Latest posts