Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone pickup any of the recent 1998 Crusade Red Auctions? (Or other Crusade Discussion)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
So as I'm sure most 90s collectors realize, seller sambo_sambo sold off a bunch of Red Crusades lately at open auction (among other great cards). Anyone here grab one?

I picked up the Ripken and was very happy to add it to the collection. The last time I remember seeing an open auction, somewhere around December 2010, I had just started collecting again and had zero appreciation for the card. I thought it was overpriced and didn't realize why anyone considered it special.

Then fast forward a few years watching search after search come up empty, I appreciated the rarity. And after seeing lots of discussion or showoff pictures in other PC threads, I definitely wanted one. Then as luck would have it, I snagged a purple from another seller on the same day! Now I can quit dragging my feet on the Green since I have motivation to finish the set.

Anyways, share your stories if you enjoy this set. These cards are amazing in hand and I'm glad to finally own a pair!

ripkencrusade_zpsb4f2072d.jpg

ripkencrusades_zps6a30dcfd.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Awesome! Price seemed pretty reasonable on the Ripken. I got a Smoltz.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wish I would've seen them (as I rarely search them). Grieve, Derrek Lee, Kotsay, Bubba Trammell would've been priorities.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I refuse to even search for Crusades because I don't want to sift through 500 vintagesnowmobiles garbage

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Im surprised Ripken only got $800. I remember a couple years ago his stuff used to be some of the most expensive.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I put in a $25 bid for an A.J. Hinch for my A's collection and obviously got way outbid. I wasn't aware that Red commons go for over $50 or I wouldn't have bothered. There's just so many cards I'd rather spend that kind of money on...and Green is a better color for A's anyway, I'll be happy with those. :D

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Im surprised Ripken only got $800. I remember a couple years ago his stuff used to be some of the most expensive.

Thanks, that's exactly how I felt! I sniped high enough that I feel like $800 is an excellent deal. If he's cheaper, consider me a happy guy!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
geeze, this slipped right under me. I'm lucky I already have one because I'd be kicking myself for that big time.

Members online

Latest posts