Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps redemption replacement for a 1/1 bat knob, wish me luck haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
LOL I think "remy" was the guy I got too... Gonna call today as I have yet to receive an email from a "manager" regarding BV$

Keep fighting the good fight Luck15!

Still havent gotten back to you, even after youve accepted the replacement option? The lack of courtesy that Topps shows to their customers and flat out lies they tell is absurd. I still have not heard a word, yet, either. I see people blasting Topps for their bull spit on social media quite a bit and they react with the same old routine everytime. Ignore it and hope it goes away as we see they have done to us as well.

Just so bad. Topps is one big black box that no one can seem to figure out. I'm telling you, one day this will all explode and some people are going to be left holding the bag. Good for me that I'm only waiting on two Belle redemptions and both I purchased for probably $50 or less a piece and it is getting near 1 year waiting.
I agree. As for the redemptions, I am done with them as well. Never again will I trust the empty promises of a redemption card that they know has a very slim chance of being produced. Sad part is that it is not always that they can not get somebody to sign, or do not have the relic available, but rather they just simply arent going to manufacture the card itself which is just pathetic when they flat out refuse to even make the card promised on a redemption regardless of whether or not they have the signature or relic yet.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
They emailed me this morning, offered me $600 value in replacement. I think that's fair (?)
It is all relative... what do they deem to be $600? I am not trying to be difficult but I think they should be talking more in terms of what specifically they're going to make/send you, unless they're sending you unopened product, then I think that is pretty clear when it comes to value.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Would you have been happy selling the Schmidt at $600 ? If you take a replacement you need to get something you know will bring in $600. You don't want their $600 turning into $400-500.
Push for $700, $750 maybe ?

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^Exactly, that is what I'm talking about. What exactly is $600 value to them in product outside of a case or couple boxes or whatever.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I would think that would be closer to $800 at least but i have no experience with knobs.

If it were me i would keep bugging them to get me the card especially if they keep putting others out.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Would you have been happy selling the Schmidt at $600 ? If you take a replacement you need to get something you know will bring in $600. You don't want their $600 turning into $400-500.
Push for $700, $750 maybe ?

Ryan

I would think that would be closer to $800 at least but i have no experience with knobs.

If it were me i would keep bugging them to get me the card especially if they keep putting others out.

It is all relative... what do they deem to be $600? I am not trying to be difficult but I think they should be talking more in terms of what specifically they're going to make/send you, unless they're sending you unopened product, then I think that is pretty clear when it comes to value.

^Exactly, that is what I'm talking about. What exactly is $600 value to them in product outside of a case or couple boxes or whatever.

I would have been satisfied with a $600 payday if I'd sold it on eBay, but I agree their definition of a $600 replacement card might be quite different.

What's also interesting to me is that Topps just has $600+ BV cards just laying around that should have been packed out with products. But that's a conversation for another thread I suppose LOL. I'm assuming I'm getting a color parallel of some current RC or relic/auto from Dynasty or something.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would have been satisfied with a $600 payday if I'd sold it on eBay, but I agree their definition of a $600 replacement card might be quite different.

What's also interesting to me is that Topps just has $600+ BV cards just laying around that should have been packed out with products. But that's a conversation for another thread I suppose LOL. I'm assuming I'm getting a color parallel of some current RC or relic/auto from Dynasty or something.

Yeah I was typing that in my post and deleted it. I assume they don't have a bunch of high dollar stuff ($250+) cards lying around. So I'd think it would lean toward product. You don't want a bunch of cheap cards to replace it. If expired redemption product is still there , maybe then they have some high dollar items available. But who the heck knows with them. And like mox said etc, your working to get your card and others have came out since. So you may have been ok w $600 but make them pay "interest" for the hassle and get what you can for it.

Ryan

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
They emailed me this morning, offered me $600 value in replacement. I think that's fair (?)

Do you get to choose the replacement? You should be able to, it wasn't random that you bought the Schmidt, meaning not like it came from a case you bought. And it was labeled as Schmidt anyways, so you should have a say.

Enjoy the 1,200 Brad Hand RC autos.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012

Have they offered any specific cards like Ive seen them do with other members before? Sometimes they offer specific cards and ask if you are OK with them or not. Then, other times they tell people they cant guarantee any specific card and then you just get a random card sent to you without knowing what the actual value of that replacement might be. What baffles me is how Topps treats some customers like crap in these situations where they just ignore any requests for specific replacements, then will treat others with the utmost sincerity by helping replace their item for something they actually want/collect.

P.S. I would ask them to send me the 2015 Tier Schmidt knob that they are advertising and plan to produce for the new product as your replacement and see what they have to say.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Stupid question but seriously what is "BV" any more? I'm assuming they mean "book value" and not "Beckett value"? I mean how about just "value"

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Do you get to choose the replacement? You should be able to, it wasn't random that you bought the Schmidt, meaning not like it came from a case you bought. And it was labeled as Schmidt anyways, so you should have a say.

Enjoy the 1,200 Brad Hand RC autos.

Have they offered any specific cards like Ive seen them do with other members before? Sometimes they offer specific cards and ask if you are OK with them or not. Then, other times they tell people they cant guarantee any specific card and then you just get a random card sent to you without knowing what the actual value of that replacement might be. What baffles me is how Topps treats some customers like crap in these situations where they just ignore any requests for specific replacements, then will treat others with the utmost sincerity by helping replace their item for something they actually want/collect.

P.S. I would ask them to send me the 2015 Tier Schmidt knob that they are advertising and plan to produce for the new product as your replacement and see what they have to say.

Their email stated: "Once your agreement is sent, we will select a substitution card of equal-value, reflecting an athlete of the same sport. We unfortunately cannot guarantee any specific player, team, product or variation requests, though we certainly do try our best."

I'm not giving them any suggestions. Can't wait to see how this pans out, it's either going to be awesome or hilariously bad. They advised a 2-3 week turnaround time.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
Their email stated: "Once your agreement is sent, we will select a substitution card of equal-value, reflecting an athlete of the same sport. We unfortunately cannot guarantee any specific player, team, product or variation requests, though we certainly do try our best."

I'm not giving them any suggestions. Can't wait to see how this pans out, it's either going to be awesome or hilariously bad. They advised a 2-3 week turnaround time.

Yeah, thats the generic response they normally send out. Well, glad to see you rolling the dice! I hope they send you something worth while. You can always refuse and dispute the replacement as far as its value if you are not happy. I would imagine you should receive the replacement withing 1-2 weeks once you confirm with them, but since they mentioned 2-3 weeks, I would expect to wait at least a month.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Now you know, if you don't hold there hand, then you will get nothing remotely close to the value of the card you're supposed to get. I would at least give them a short list of players.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Got another email unexpectedly this morning:

hHGD0gb.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel. Kinda want to ask for 2x Bryant instead of the Abreu. Any opinions?

**and I just realized those cards were not around in 2013 LOL**

Looks like the Abreu sells for <$90 and Bryants are getting $375-400...

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

hHGD0gb.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel. Kinda want to ask for 2x Bryant instead of the Abreu. Any opinions?

**and I just realized those cards were not around in 2013 LOL**

Since when did Topps start offering graded cards as replacements?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

hHGD0gb.jpg

Yeah man , those have so much fluctuation I'd push for more. I wouldn't give the Bryant more than a $300 value and the Abreu (which is 2014 not 2013)$75. So I'd want 2 of each. Weird they are sitting on graded cards. I def would pass on just that.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.