Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps redemption replacement for a 1/1 bat knob, wish me luck haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
I redeemed this card the week of product release:

GCMhhsN.jpg

A couple months later 2013 Five Star Baseball came out, a live Schmidt knob was pulled.

Fast forward to 2014 Tier One release, live Schmidt knob was pulled.

Lo and behold I check the sell sheet for the 2015 release and look what I find:

IdEHkoX.jpg

Obviously a mock up but I felt I was just being f--ked with at that point.

Called Topps and requested a replacement. Got the standard "can't guarantee anything blah blah blah"

Can't wait to see how this pans out. Will post whatever they send me :lol:

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
Sorry to hear about this and I understand completely! How pathetic is it that they can release newer products with cards like that without fulfilling prior redemptions for exact same style of card. I am currently waiting on this card "
2013 Topps Series 2""Pending"

I emailed Topps to see about a possible timeline on when I might expect to receive the card. I was told that the card was already made, but it was "damaged" so they have to re-make it and could not provide me with a timeline on when it would be re-made. I also asked to what extent was the damage and they would not release that information to me. I was told to check back in a couple weeks, this was a while a go. After "checking back", I have yet to receive an email response.

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This is the first year I've bought a high end redemption (Cargo MLB logo). I'm scared to death that it will sit for a year and then they'll offer me a $150 replacement.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've been waiting for hyun-jin ryu' Topps Chrome RC autos for ages now. He's had many more recent releases with autos included. Hard to fathom...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I've been waiting for hyun-jin ryu' Topps Chrome RC autos for ages now. He's had many more recent releases with autos included. Hard to fathom...

I'm waiting on a blue refractor and a refractor myself. I think I remember you having close to a rainbow. I've seen good and bad stories of replacements for the Topps Chrome Ryu's. Bad stories for base and regular refractor autos, but decent ones for blue refractors on up. I am waiting mine out as I think they will carry a bit of a premium if they are made since it is taking so long and many have already asked for replacements.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is the first year I've bought a high end redemption (Cargo MLB logo). I'm scared to death that it will sit for a year and then they'll offer me a $150 replacement.

Hopefully Topps is only awaiting an autograph of his. I see that sometimes the wait is on the jersey/material, which I always question why they have someone on a checklist if they don't have the material for it lol. Good luck man, that will be a great card once made!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm waiting on a blue refractor and a refractor myself. I think I remember you having close to a rainbow. I've seen good and bad stories of replacements for the Topps Chrome Ryu's. Bad stories for base and regular refractor autos, but decent ones for blue refractors on up. I am waiting mine out as I think they will carry a bit of a premium if they are made since it is taking so long and many have already asked for replacements.

I went a little nuts and have 4 of the Camo Refractors /15 and a bunch of others including a red /25 and gold /50. It's really frustrating because prices on rookie cards can shift dramatically, and they've released all sorts of Ryu auto cards since (and Topps Chrome is with stickers, so they had the stickers in house and used them for newer products!)

Do you recall any examples of replacements. If I was confident in what they sent, I might give it a go since I've pretty much chalked it up as a loss by now.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm scared to death that it will sit for a year and then they'll offer me a $10 replacement.

fixed it for ya. ;)

I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up of getting something anywhere near equivalent in value - this coming from a not-so-unlikely-expected-value $40-50 card that Topps substituted with a $10 card after I waited nearly 2 years.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Interested to see what they replace this with, no reason you shouldn't be able to get another HOF bat knob as they've got a bunch of HOF bats lying around but knowing Topps you'll get some 1/1 relic card that has a ton of other 1/1 variations out there. Interested to see nonetheless and wish you the best of luck

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
Just bumping this up because I am curious to see what you receive as your replacement. Its been a month. Still haven't received it yet OP?

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Still nothing. I called last week and was told a manager needed to "check the BV$ via eBay" and would email me about it. If I agree on the price then they will send out something worth $X in compensation. No email yet...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Still nothing. I called last week and was told a manager needed to "check the BV$ via eBay" and would email me about it. If I agree on the price then they will send out something worth $X in compensation. No email yet...
LOL! Got to love the "BV$" via eBay... wouldn't that just be checking market value via eBay LOL

Anyways, just having some fun. Good luck... If I were you, I would have a value in mind or do the research yourself in the event they come back and say $x and it is too low, etc. Might want to just be ready to give them what your own independent research showed.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Anyways, just having some fun. Good luck... If I were you, I would have a value in mind or do the research yourself in the event they come back and say $x and it is too low, etc. Might want to just be ready to give them what your own independent research showed.

Absolutely right. Do your own research and have links ready to send them. Get a Worthpoint free trial and use it to murder the bull**** value they'll inevitably offer you. Force them to give you options to choose from based on the high value of your item, they've been more willing to do this lately.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I redeemed this card the week of product release:

GCMhhsN.jpg

A couple months later 2013 Five Star Baseball came out, a live Schmidt knob was pulled.

Fast forward to 2014 Tier One release, live Schmidt knob was pulled.

Lo and behold I check the sell sheet for the 2015 release and look what I find:

IdEHkoX.jpg

Obviously a mock up but I felt I was just being f--ked with at that point.

Called Topps and requested a replacement. Got the standard "can't guarantee anything blah blah blah"

Can't wait to see how this pans out. Will post whatever they send me :lol:

Man you got more balls than a giraffe. I wish you luck with that terrible company.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
They are still giving me the same runaround as well for my Ultimate Chase 1/1 of Mike Schmidt. I however refuse to go down the road of a replacement. I was told on 1/27/2015 via email by Remy at Topps that I would receive an update on the status of the card being remade, after it did not pass their quality control, within 1-2 business days(this appears to be their new excuse for extending the waiting period time of redemptions and giving themselves more time to try and get them fulfilled, saying that they were damaged and have to be remade). Well, here we are 17 business days later and Topps has ignored 2 messages that I have sent within that time frame requesting a response as promised and havent heard a word from them since I was promised that response by Remy.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
They are still giving me the same runaround as well for my Ultimate Chase 1/1 of Mike Schmidt. I however refuse to go down the road of a replacement. I was told on 1/27/2015 via email by Remy at Topps that I would receive an update on the status of the card being remade, after it did not pass their quality control, within 1-2 business days(this appears to be their new excuse for extending the waiting period time of redemptions and giving themselves more time to try and get them fulfilled, saying that they were damaged and have to be remade). Well, here we are 17 business days later and Topps has ignored 2 messages that I have sent within that time frame requesting a response as promised and havent heard a word from them since I was promised that response by Remy.

LOL I think "remy" was the guy I got too... Gonna call today as I have yet to receive an email from a "manager" regarding BV$

Keep fighting the good fight Luck15!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just so bad. Topps is one big black box that no one can seem to figure out. I'm telling you, one day this will all explode and some people are going to be left holding the bag. Good for me that I'm only waiting on two Belle redemptions and both I purchased for probably $50 or less a piece and it is getting near 1 year waiting.

Latest posts