Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USPS employees... Missing sent package, what to do? Baseball card related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Sent a card to a buyer on the 16th of December, it arrived at the Hub in Cali on the 18th, and was never scanned again. Getting the run around from the USPS, is their any action I can take that you know about being an insider? Buyer has now opened a case on Ebay requesting full refund, not sure how to counteract?

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
I sold a card that was shipped on the 2nd and it appears by the tracking to be stuck in limbo in Los Angeles, CA as well, zip code 90009. Tracking hasnt updated since the 5th. Buyer seems to be being very patient and hasnt contacted me yet. Im just going to wait a little while longer and see what happens before I take action. Your situation however, I would take action now. Have you called the post office with the zip code of the last tracking update? Majority of the time, they dont know what happens, then a week or two later, they "find" it lying around the office.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I had a mailer that was incoming, bought in late Nov. It arrived at a hub about 4hrs away and has been "sitting" there for over a month. Lost/stolen or damaged were the only explanations given when I called USPS. Not sure how refunds work if item is still listed as "in transit".

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I would not give a refund. Let the case play out and post all the tracking info and exactly what has happened in there so if it does escalates paypal and ebay understand the situation.

The package could just magically get rescanned at some point. But I would also call that PO and talk to their manager about it. Package could have gotten misplaced there as well.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
OP, what is the zip code of the last tracking update for your item?

I have called the Usps, they referred me to a local PO. Called the woman, she didnt offer much for help, other than that she would email the hub with the info of the lost package.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Contact EBAY and let them know what is going on. I have had this same situation and since I had a stellar history with EBAY, they paid the buyer for the card and I was not charged..

Good luck,

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Usps is wicked horrible at scanning. I had a package lost for 8 months out there in lala land before it was finally delivered.
Most recently had a member send me a card, scanned delivered Oct 23, wasn't in my box until Nov 5th if I remember correctly.
Possible it's not going to get scanned, maybe delivered already?
Open communication with the buyer and contacting ebay/paypal is best bet

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Seems to me if you know the card is stuck somewhere, refunding the seller is the right thing to do...

what would you do then if the card is unstuck and delivered? A seller doesn't have any recourse over the buyer at that point (i.e. make them pay for the item again now that it was delivered).

I think waiting it out is the best thing possible because it likely will be delivered eventually.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
what would you do then if the card is unstuck and delivered? A seller doesn't have any recourse over the buyer at that point (i.e. make them pay for the item again now that it was delivered).

I think waiting it out is the best thing possible because it likely will be delivered eventually.

I bought a card for my PC back in 2010 and it never arrived. So the seller refunded me full price and said sorry. Not their fault for the USPS losing said package.

well then actually 1 year to the date printed on the package the card arrives. So I e-mail the seller, (since I had their e-mail address) and told them it came in finally :lol:
I then sent over the money for the card since I wrote down the amount in the first place.
It turns out that the package was left in a mail bag and sat for almost a year before it was used again and the package was found........

How much id the transaction for? It just maybe better to refund, and then hope the guy sends it back to you if he gets the cards sometime soon......

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

Unfortunately though, if the buyer opens a case, you will have to refund. We had a box break package get lost, and the shipper sent it, and it got lost at the local PO. It still hasn't shown up. The shipper had to refund us, but he wasn't happy. However, if you sell a $400 box direct, you better pay for insurance and signature confirmation to cover yourself if USPS screws you.

Members online