Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Sort by 'Most in Stock'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've had threads and posts in the past about COMC and how I think they're going to eventually be bombarded with commons and just being a bottomless pit of cardboard that will never sell. It is interesting that now you can search their site by Most in Stock and see what has the most copies, etc. Here is what I found...

Top Baseball: 1989 UD #680 , Alvin Davis = 784 copies
Top Basketball: 2002-03 Lego Sports #4 , Shaq = 854 copies
Top Football: 1989 Pro Set #535 .3, Gizmo Williams = 615 copies
Top Hockey: 1991-92 UD #71 , Ziggy Palffy = 2,553 copies

Seriously though WTF. Look at that Hockey card... over 2.5k copies of it sitting at COMC. They start at $0.50 and the most expensive version, the 2,553rd copy of it is only $2.75 LOL! I mean seriously.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wow , 2500 of a card people paid to have them list. Seems crazy for sure. The Shaq I have no idea what the Lego set is. I'm a lil surprised its an 89 UD card at the top of BB. Figured it would be a Topps / Donruss item and ProSet 1989, I think 15 copies there would do for a while.

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm going to buy that 25k lot of '87 topps ruben sierra from eBay and send them to comc ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm starting to wonder if people are just buying collections and sending them to COMC without ever even looking at them. Given some of what COMC has said in the past, I'm surprised they would still accept so many of the same card.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm starting to wonder if people are just buying collections and sending them to COMC without ever even looking at them. Given some of what COMC has said in the past, I'm surprised they would still accept so many of the same card.

Very costly to do so , but possible. And as long as they are getting paid , not quite sure why COMC would care as long as they have servers to handle the servers , people to process them (which the submissions should pay for) and space to store em

Ryan

Swipe79

Nov 28, 2014
There may be other circumstances at play - it didn't always cost .25 to list. National Convention specials or other listing specials. They may be cards that were uploaded by staff to test the site, etc.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I didn't check but I assume there are scans for all those Alvin Davis cards etc ? Just the time / labor / wasted space on a server / a 700+ count box / labeling to know what one is which etc would be annoying

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yes, my point exactly... not to mention we are in what year of COMC's life span? I mean think when we're having this convo 10 years from now... they will surely be the #1 holder of cardboard in the world and some cards will have 1,000s of copies... I mean eventually it will just become a bottomless pit and probably more of a liability for their business model.

35-Mussina

Jan 16, 2015
Cape coral
I've got about 2,000,000 cards in 5000 ct boxes just sitting in my garage ...maybe I should send them 1/2... I've bought from there but never sold... Lol

35-Mussina

Jan 16, 2015
Cape coral
All mixed from late 70's to mid 90's or so... A lot of sets and star lots... Just don't have the time to go thru most of it... Lol yet I keep buying more... ;)

Latest posts