Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I guess no one knows what NM-Mt means....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I would be extremely interested to see the number of people who complain about conditions of cards from the pack that also complain about buyers who question condition

Yah - I don't complain much about condition of cards from the pack. Every so often, I do ask for a replacement, but I would say that only happens in 2% of my damaged cards that I pull.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I would be extremely interested to see the number of people who complain about conditions of cards from the pack that also complain about buyers who question condition

"Pack fresh" is another bad listing term. Manufs don't care about the condition of cards coming out of packs. If it's thin cardboard stock (Panini Donruss, Topps flagship, Topps Archives, for instance), corners are frequently dinged or curved (not sharp and straight). Chrome cards are usually scratched. Pack fresh usually can be far from NRMT-MT or even a card that is worth sending to get graded.

I suppose if I win a chrome card that was described as "pack fresh" and it's got some seller's fingerprint on it since they were eating greasy foods while busting boxes, I should return it saying card is not the condition described. ;)

my favorite item description for a card I came across recently was something like: "I do not make any guarantees how this card would grade out. I give it a condition of NRMT-MT. If you want a card that grades at 9.5 or 10, I suggest you buy a card already graded 9.5 or 10 since there is no guarantee about this card grading a 9.5 or 10."

Members online