Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USPS lost my BGS order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Oddly enough, I sent my BGS package on Saturday. $2500 insurance, sent registered mail. It was supposed to arrive today in Dallas. Guess, what, it is sitting in Chicago only god knows what reason. I called and talked to someone tonight and they continuously told me not to worry and that everything is fine. What is wrong with these clownbags?
Short answer: They work for the government.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
understaffed? I've found Chicago to be a black hole - it'll sit in forest glen or whatever for a week before it moves on. Makes me avoid buying anything from Chicago sellers if it's something I need within a week because I've seen this sitting in Chicago thing way too often.

This is GREAT point. I recently moved down to central illinois and everything goes through Champaign. I have been receiving my mail MUCH MUCH faster since the move.

matt

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
This is GREAT point. I recently moved down to central illinois and everything goes through Champaign. I have been receiving my mail MUCH MUCH faster since the move.

matt

Wait! What? No more St. Charles IL. What is going on, why did you leave us up here in the greater Kane County/ Fox Valley Area? Now I can't stalk you anymore.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Wait! What? No more St. Charles IL. What is going on, why did you leave us up here in the greater Kane County/ Fox Valley Area? Now I can't stalk you anymore.

Hahah, my wife is from the Mattoon/Charleston area and wanted to get closer to her folks for a bit. So, here I am......

Is it considering stalking if I knew you were doing it? :D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hahah, my wife is from the Mattoon/Charleston area and wanted to get closer to her folks for a bit. So, here I am......

Is it considering stalking if I knew you were doing it? :D

:lol: Wellllll I guess not since you knew..... My niece goes to school there in Charleston at Eastern IL University

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
still nothing - I called USPS, and they said it must have gotten into another bin (and sent freight and not air), and to give it up to a month before I can file an insurance claim. ugh.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
still nothing - I called USPS, and they said it must have gotten into another bin (and sent freight and not air), and to give it up to a month before I can file an insurance claim. ugh.

Any update?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Lisa, I am still holding out hope for you! My package was found a week later and finally made it to bgs, they said it sat in Dallas for 6 days for some reason. Weird stuff

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Just horrible, please keep us updated. I'm in San Francisco & need to submit 8 Kris Bryant autos to BGS. I feel like I should drive 3hrs away to mail them LOL.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm in San Francisco & need to submit 8 Kris Bryant autos to BGS. I feel like I should drive 3hrs away to mail them LOL.

Or three days. ;) I'm getting the gut feeling it's someone in Dallas, not San Francisco, so going 3 hours to mail it from central california probably won't solve a thing.

It's too bad packages have to have "Beckett Grading Services" plastered all over it. Imagine if Beckett could set up a dummy mailing address for taking in submissions, such as "Lindon Private Investigators" so the package doesn't scream "rip me open and steal" so blatently!

Last edited:

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I had it go the other way. Cards made it to BGS, but they sent them to the wrong person. I got 6 or 7 cards, I sent 24 I think. The ones I got were graded no more than a 5 - that was a Fleer Ripken (mind you this was 17 years ago or so). Luckily BGS intercepted my cards going to the other guy. I had all 9's or 9.5's. Good Luck and I hope it works out for you.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
the sad thing is i sent another 40 card order to BGS using Fedex, and no issues at all. that just seals it for me! no more USPS for BGS.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sorry it hasn't made it. Will you be able to recoup a decent amount if they issue the claim ? Hoping you don't get hurt that bad w/ it.

Ryan

Members online