Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help Me complete my master set of 1998 Donruss Preferred (PLEASE!!) :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Yeah. I am weak with stuff like that. Lol. But it was fun. Probably break down the sealed duplicate green packs I got and make some money back on the box I bought. Still up in the air though as there may be a nice little PM waiting in there for me. Haha

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Oh Boy. Just picked up two more sealed Donruss Preferred Boxes. One Gold (Frank Thomas) wish it were a mini tin. :) but maybe inside
And a Green Maddux Tin. Hope I get something good as far as the Sealed Gold and Silver Tins. THE rest will go to eBay to recoup much of my cost... hopefully.
Considering I will now have around 80 sealed green tin that I dont need.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
:D Appreciate it Ryan. Boxes should arrive to my house on Thursday!!! Can't wait. I really hope I can it one of the two remaining Gold Tins I need!!!

Or go for the gold and gamble for a Precious Metals! Only slightly kidding.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Or go for the gold and gamble for a Precious Metals! Only slightly kidding.

LOL Rodney, don't put those crazy ass ideas in my head!! Although if In didn't have the entire precious Metals set trust me they would all be open. I ran the odds to figure out what they are to land a precious metals? Here is what I came up with, and this takes into account that I am not sure how many PM's were seeded into retail boxes or how many retail boxes were out there, I tried to come up with a round about number of retail boxes/packs and here is around what I came up with for the odds...

Hobby Odds

Total Precious metals 50 of each player with 30 total players: 1500 Precious metals total

24 Green Boxes with 24 tins per box all /999 = 23,976 Boxes; 575,424 Total Tins
24 Gold Boxes with 24 tins per box all /199 = 4776 Boxes; 114,624 Total tins

So in Hobby there are 28,752 Boxes; 690,048 Total Tins

Total retail tins and blaster boxes that were out there?? Lets go low here and say 3000 Boxes

So Precious metals were seeded on estimate 1:21 Boxes or 1:504 Packs. Odd are not horrible and all in all I have opened 20 Boxes of the 98 preferred baseball and landed 1 PM (Jeff Bagwell Platinum). Darn it dude, now I may have to open them :eek:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well, opened the boxes and got a sealed Helton silver tin. So that is good cause I needed that one sealed. But darn it. Second gold box I opened and both boxes had sealed Maddux Gold Mini tins. So now I have three of em. In other words still looking for the Gold mini Thomas and Molitor. :)

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Sorry for the Maddux dups!

Ryan

Could have been worse. It Could have been Travis Lee Dupes ;-)

On another note... i am trying to get all the different mini tins SEALED. Currently have 13 sealed Silver, 10 Golds and 23 of the 24 Greens. In 4 Boxes now I have yet to get 1 Travis Lee Green mini. Which is really crazy considering that is 92 Total Green Tins and not one was a Lee?? Oh well. The hunt continues........

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
This is quite the task you have taken on. I've read updates throughout and continue to be amazed what you are always finding. I am still in need of a Gold ARod box so if you ever come across one please let me know.

Thanks

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
This is quite the task you have taken on. I've read updates throughout and continue to be amazed what you are always finding. I am still in need of a Gold ARod box so if you ever come across one please let me know.

Thanks

Hey Brandt. I always look for these things as you can tell. I do have a large Gold Arod but holding onto the large tins that I have now. But if i see another one ill either pick it up for you or give you a heads up. Or if I decide to move the large tins Ill also hit you up

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
A little end of week bump. Just in case anyone is hitting any card shows this weekend or in the next few weeks and you happen to have any of these four just staring at you. Willing to pay solid prices or I would be willing to trade this Griffey Picture Perfect sample for either of the Gold Tins

This is what I would pay for these four Items

Caminiti/Walker Sample $8
Gwynn/Guillen Sample $10

Molitor Gold Tin Opened $15 Sealed $25
Thomas Gold Tin Opened $30 Sealed $45

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Friday Bump, and just in case anyone is interested I over 60 sealed green tins, a sealed Maddux Gold tin, sealed silver Roger Clemens and Paul Molitor tin that I would be willing to trade or offer up for a finders fee on any of these items I need. Lets say trade as follows

Frank Thomas Mini Gold Tin willing to trade 10 Sealed Green Tins Finders Fee 2 Sealed Green Tins
Paul Molitor Gold Mini Tin willing to trade 7 Sealed Green Tins Finders Fee 2 Sealed Green tins

Great X-Pectation Samples willing to trade 2 Sealed Green Tins Finders Fee 1 Sealed Green tin
Tony Gwynn/Jose Guillen willing to trade 2 Sealed Green Tins Finders Fee 1 Sealed Green tin

I also think I am going to list my set on eBay for an outlandish number and maybe get some people to come out of the wood work.... Who knows. I did it while I was looking for my PM and I was able to track down over half my set that way. :), Then again, I am afraid people may end up holding these last two tins hostage.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
well. listed this thing on eBay hoping maybe ill get someone who has the remaining items I need will come out of the woodwork. Worth a shot!!!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Early birthday bump. :)

On a side note. I found a dealer who had the Gold Thomas Sealed Tin listed for sale. I reached out to him and *&*^!!!!!! he told me they had already sold it and they haven't updated their system in a while.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
End of month bump. Unreal how impossible it is to find these last 4 items. It isn't like they should be that hard to find, but apparently they are.

Great X-Pectation Samples Gwynn/Guillen

Great X-Pecation Samples Caminit/Walker

Gold Mini Tin Paul Molitor
Gold Mini Tin Frank Thomas

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Two months since last post, three years in and still looking for the last two sample cards and Mini Gold tins

Gwynn/Guillen
Caminiti/Walker

Two mini Gold Tins
Molitor
F Thomas

And only 23 Donruss preferred prized to go. Then I will have achieved every card / mini tin in production from the preferred stuff for 98. I would love to at least finish off the Tins and Samples this year if possible. :)

Members online

Latest posts