Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Rod strikes again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Lighting Rod sent out a HAND WRITTEN LETTER to the media today.

First, a totally awesome pic of some of it1424200401457.jpg

And the content

To the Fans,

I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season. I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the Players Association and you, the fans, I can only say I'm sorry.

I accept the fact that many of you will not believe my apology or anything that I say at this point. I understand why and that's on me. It was gracious of the Yankees to offer me the use of Yankee Stadium for this apology, but I decided that next time I am in Yankee Stadium, I should be in pinstripes doing my job.

I served the longest suspension in the history of the league for PED use. The Commissioner has said the matter is over. The Players Association has said the same. The Yankees have said the next step is to play baseball.

I'm ready to put this chapter behind me and play some ball.

This game has been my single biggest passion since I was a teenager. When I go to Spring Training, I will do everything I can to be the best player and teammate possible, earn a spot on the Yankees and help us win.

Sincerely,
Alex

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
alex is so funny. This isn't the 1800's, it's the 2010's. Do what the hip kids do, type it out and post it on facebook or tweet it in about 25 numbered tweets! ;)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Soooo...he is sorry and he apologizes. But, for what ("the mistakes")? Unless I missed it, he did not say with any clarity what he was apologizing for and certainly did not admit to using PED's in here.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Saying "I served the longest suspension in the history of the league for PED use." Is not the same as saying "I used PEDs." Whatever. Let's get to spring training.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Saying "I served the longest suspension in the history of the league for PED use." Is not the same as saying "I used PEDs." Whatever. Let's get to spring training.

What does it matter, what does he have left to lose by coming out and typing in big bold words "I used PEDs"? His HOF candidacy? I think that door has already been shut and sealed.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
He'll always be one of my all time favorite players. I really hope he can bounce back, I'm always rooting for comebacks unless it involves the Red Sox or Dodgers.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
A co-worker and I have tickets to Yankees - Pirates and Yankees - Nationals on 6 & 8 Mar. It'll be interesting to see how the crowd, Yankee friendly, reacts to him.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
He and his lawyer are very calculating. I see this letter as nothing more than a "cover your ass" piece just in case things go sour during the season. He's due a lot of money and he's preparing for a fight. The Yankees have stated that they are looking at ways to get out of paying him. Arod only cares about Arod. He doesn't care about the fans, the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees, etc. He's looking out for himself and thats it.

Should make for an interesting season filled with typical Yankees drama.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
He and his lawyer are very calculating. I see this letter as nothing more than a "cover your ass" piece just in case things go sour during the season. He's due a lot of money and he's preparing for a fight. The Yankees have stated that they are looking at ways to get out of paying him. Arod only cares about Arod. He doesn't care about the fans, the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees, etc. He's looking out for himself and thats it.

Should make for an interesting season filled with typical Yankees drama.

I think very, very few people would have an issue with this statement.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
People have forgotten about Giambi and now Pettitte. I really hope he hits .280 with 30 HRs and 80 RBIs this year.

To compare Arod, to two guys who handled their issues is Lunacy. A-rod Sued the Yankees, Sued The Players Union, Sued MLB. He is an ******......That's the bottom line

Members online