Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 was a great year for Posada autos...but were these cards made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So far I haven't seen these cards either as redemptions or as live cards. I've seen multiple copies of all new releases #/10 or less aside from these, which has left me wondering if these cards were made or if they were on preliminary checklists that changed.

2014 Topps Tier One Triple Autographs #TA6 Mariano Rivera/Paul O'Neill/Jorge Posada /10
2014 Stadium Club Co-Signers #CSARP Jorge Posada/Mariano Rivera /5

Has anyone seen these yet?

I also wanted to share my autograph pick-ups from 2014. Posada on-card autos were few and far between until 2014 and I definitely enjoyed seeing them in the new releases despite what they did to my wallet lol.

Strata (my favorite card of 2014)

Five Star (still need the jumbo patch/auto /10)

Gypsy Queen

Tier One

Tribute

And not on-card but had to have one of these jumbo jersey autos with the dual pinstripe

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Do you know what kind of fabric they used on the Five Star patch auto? Hanley has something similar.

The only piece of baseball-related fabric I've seen that even remotely looks like that is a jock strap.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Do you know what kind of fabric they used on the Five Star patch auto? Hanley has something similar.

The only piece of baseball-related fabric I've seen that even remotely looks like that is a jock strap.

Some are definitely from the inside seam of the pants. However, some, like the Posada on the right, look completely different and I'm not so sure where they come from... Jock strap has also crossed my mind lol. So has the actual elastic band on the inside of pant fabric waistband

Here's an example from the inside of the pants, which looks like the Posada on the left

attachment.php

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I do not actively search Posada but I can tell you while searching O'neill I have not come across this:
2014 Topps Tier One Triple Autographs #TA6 Mariano Rivera/Paul O'Neill/Jorge Posada /10
I would hate to bid against a Posada and Mo guy to get that one.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I do not actively search Posada but I can tell you while searching O'neill I have not come across this:
I would hate to bid against a Posada and Mo guy to get that one.

I know what you mean. Its supposedly an on-card auto too so I would be all in on it and the Mo collectors are crazy as well lol. I paid $275 for the Posada/Mo dual /25 and that's the lowest sale I've seen so far.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio

Maybe it's a scratch N sniff?

Fordman

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
So far I haven't seen these cards either as redemptions or as live cards. I've seen multiple copies of all new releases #/10 or less aside from these, which has left me wondering if these cards were made or if they were on preliminary checklists that changed.

2014 Stadium Club Co-Signers #CSARP Jorge Posada/Mariano Rivera /5

Has anyone seen these yet?

Pretty sure neither of them exist, at least one copy would have surfaced by now. And I'm sure I would have seen them.

For Stadium Club they advertised 5 different Mariano auto cards: The Co-Signers with Posada /5, Base, Rainbow /50, Gold /25 and Electric Foil 1/1. Only the Gold has surfaced. Maybe the 1/1 is out there but that's it.

The 2014 Tier One with Mo/Posada/O'Neill would also have come up, even if they held it back as a replacement, it's been almost a year.

Scott F

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I looked through Topps' redemption updates from the time SC was released. 4 of the Co-Signers have been redeemed and are live...Mo/Posada isn't one of them. Many other Mo/Po's have been returned. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist - with a p/r of 5, it's plausible one was never pulled (or at least sold). Who knows.

Have you seen any version of the Five Star patch that's multi colored? I haven't, and I've been searching since the day it was released.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I looked through Topps' redemption updates from the time SC was released. 4 of the Co-Signers have been redeemed and are live...Mo/Posada isn't one of them. Many other Mo/Po's have been returned. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist - with a p/r of 5, it's plausible one was never pulled (or at least sold). Who knows.

Have you seen any version of the Five Star patch that's multi colored? I haven't, and I've been searching since the day it was released.

I have not seen any multi-colored Posada patch. Seems like whoever they used these "alternative" patches for do not have regular patches as well.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Haha. You posted that when I asked about a similar piece in the past so I thought I'd pass on the favor :)

Any idea where the swatch on the right Five Star Patch/auto is from?

It's cool, I just thought it was funny that I was about to post it again, and was like wait a minute.

If I had to guess I think the card on the right contains the pocket. Or the inside of the pants pocket material. It is hard to tell, but if you look at this picture, you can see the lining looks similar, but Posada played after Brady Anderson.

D31B0386-AC72-4966-B084-453E84C828CC.jpg

And here is what a 2012 Jeter looks like. So during Posada's years it might look like that. If I was a betting man though, I would say it was the pocket lining.

500x500.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to make a new post with bigger images. It doesn't really look or feel like the pocket lining

It's cool, I just thought it was funny that I was about to post it again, and was like wait a minute.

If I had to guess I think the card on the right contains the pocket. Or the inside of the pants pocket material. It is hard to tell, but if you look at this picture, you can see the lining looks similar, but Posada played after Brady Anderson.

D31B0386-AC72-4966-B084-453E84C828CC.jpg

And here is what a 2012 Jeter looks like. So during Posada's years it might look like that. If I was a betting man though, I would say it was the pocket lining.

500x500.jpg

Members online

Latest posts