Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Ebay Listings...Beware fine print

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
Just got another Free Ebay Listing Promotion for fixed price listings. You will NO LONGER be able to bypass fees by using the SELL SIMILAR button. Just though you all would like to know.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I always read them since they charged me for my free listings..

Used to be free on all type of durations, so I would list all my fixed auctions for 30 days and auctions for 1 or 3 days
I sometimes see on auctions is 5, 7 or 10 (sometimes 10 days are included, sometimes they're not...
also on fixed price, sometimes 30 days and sometimes not...

I listed 1000 FP auctions for 30 days and noticed the free listings wasnt going lower... checked the fine print and fixed price were for only 5, 7 or 10 days

Just got 3000 free FP auctions today and I just just got 2500 free for 30 days on feb 26 so gonna list my website on there next!

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I use the sell similar button even when im NOT trying to bypass the fees so that all settings and descriptions stay the same. eBay is making this harder and harder....

Jun 30, 2010
I always read them since they charged me for my free listings..

Used to be free on all type of durations, so I would list all my fixed auctions for 30 days and auctions for 1 or 3 days
I sometimes see on auctions is 5, 7 or 10 (sometimes 10 days are included, sometimes they're not...
also on fixed price, sometimes 30 days and sometimes not...

I listed 1000 FP auctions for 30 days and noticed the free listings wasnt going lower... checked the fine print and fixed price were for only 5, 7 or 10 days

Just got 3000 free FP auctions today and I just just got 2500 free for 30 days on feb 26 so gonna list my website on there next!

JUST NOTICED THAT YOU HAD TO OFFER FREE SHIPPING AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Pay no insertion fees on 3,000 new fixed price listings that offer free shipping

Mine says it right on the main page

Jun 30, 2010
Mine doesn't say that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Double check to be sure. Mine initially didn't say it on the front page of the offer, however, after I accepted it I checked my selling manager main page and it says it very clearly there. Just potentially saving you some disappointment.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Double check to be sure. Mine initially didn't say it on the front page of the offer, however, after I accepted it I checked my selling manager main page and it says it very clearly there. Just potentially saving you some disappointment.

I read it but will put one up and see what happens

pmanningsfan73

Dec 22, 2010
Texas
I get their emails all the time for free listings & also their messages when I sign in to eBay. I don't even hardy list anything on there cause the fees bite me since my cards are only mediocre & not really high end. Doesn't really pay off for me.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Mine doesn't say that

Mine either.
From the fine print:
What is the Promotion?
Sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per newly listed item (‘relist’ and ‘sell similar’ items not included), ("Promotion") for up to 3,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

7, 10, and 30-day listing durations are included in this Promotion. The Promotion does not apply to relisted items, final value fees, or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Mine has the no relisting line as well. I just tried sell similar on a single item and it reported $0.00 for the fees so possible that sell similar will still work. I am going to try more later tonight and see what happens.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Mine has the no relisting line as well. I just tried sell similar on a single item and it reported $0.00 for the fees so possible that sell similar will still work. I am going to try more later tonight and see what happens.
Do you get free listings per month already from having an ebay store?

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Do you get free listings per month already from having an ebay store?

No I do not have a store although I have had a store subscription for a month or two at a time a couple times in the past.

Jun 30, 2010
Well. that just sucks for me. Here is my fine print...

Sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing that: (i) is listed in the fixed price format; (ii) offers free domestic shipping; (iii) is a newly listed item (‘relist’ and ‘sell similar’ items not included), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee for up to 3,000 listings ("Promotion") during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

Make me wonder why to have a store with 2500 free listings when others don't have to pay for the store and get the same 2500 free listings. I know my covers the whole month verses this 5 day promotion, but still?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have currently offers form them
I can list anything I want for free even fixed listings. I don't have a store either Also I can save 50%
finalization fees on my first 5 listing too.

I do have to use it 48 hours after I activate it and it actually ends if I don't use it by Thursday at 12:01 pst.

I get offers from them on a weekly basis and I usually don't even use them. But this one I just may, since I have some high value stiff I could move and save on the FVF which is pretty good.

Members online

Latest posts